Zombie maps of your own town...

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Brian Taylor, May 2, 2020.

1. Brian Taylor

Brian Taylor New Member

A couple of years ago while playing left 4 dead I had the idea of a zombie game that is integrated with google maps or something similar. It then scans the town and makes a build based on the map images. Then you're playing the game in your own town. Hope this makes sense. Is something like this even possible? I'm only starting to learn C++ now so I have no idea if this is technically possible.

2. Steve Br

Steve Br New Member

3. Jannick

Jannick New Member

Wow, really impressive idea

4. Oddball

Oddball New Member

I have a zombie game idea that could integrate into yours for the map side of things... I do like the idea that if this was multi-player online, you could join a game session in an real-world area close to your actual location (or selected elsewhere)... Building the 3D buildings etc may be related to the dark grey-area image recognition from google maps, same for blue (water) and green (woods). But the actual 3D appearance of the building would be random from a set of stored images and "constructed" when the map instance was generated and the buildings placed into the correct locations? I can't see matching the actual external appearances of so many buildings from google street view cameras or something, but who knows, it's probably possible. Good luck!