Zems - A Tactical Online Card Game

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Exeneva, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Exeneva

Exeneva New Member

Hi IndieGamer!

I’m developing a turn-based online card game called Zems. It’s a unique CCG where you summon cards into a tactical arena where you can move and position them to take out your opponent’s hero unit. We even have a full weather control system that changes the battlefield!

[​IMG]

Here are some special features of the game:
    • Tactical combat on a dynamic environment
    • Immersive weather system that players can control
    • Collect over 200 cards beautifully illustrated by award-winning artists
    • Compete in ranked and unranked multiplayer modes

We’re releasing an alpha soon, so if you want to get your hands on the game early, you can sign up at: http://www.zems.com

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to seeing you on the battlefield! :)
    Yang Pulse - Producer

Twitter (@zemsgame): https://twitter.com/zemsgame
    Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/zemsgame

#1 Exeneva, Sep 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  2. SkylerSefic

SkylerSefic New Member

The artwork is absolutly fantastic! Though I feel this is more of an announcement then a review request seeing as there are no playable versions or video demo of the game posted here and literally no request for review in the post

#2 SkylerSefic, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
    Exeneva and melight like this.
  3. melight

melight New Member

Shit dude, the art is pretty amazing

Exeneva likes this.
  4. Exeneva

Exeneva New Member

That is partly true, it's more of a 'here is what our game is about' kind of post. However, we are VERY involved with the community and even have a Facebook group (not just a page) where we listen to feedback and ask for opinions on certain things: https://www.facebook.com/groups/zemsgame/

Our forums aren't the most active, but it also has a fair share of suggestion posts from community members.

The post doesn't have a playable link - instead a sign up link - because our next alpha starts in October. With multiplayer-centric games, we want to ensure there will be players online instead of just leaving the game running only for people not to be able to find a game. We'll leave the servers online once our community gets larger.

5. Exeneva

Exeneva New Member

Yesterday, I did a few game trials with a member of our team. Here is a video recording of it, featuring gameplay and developer commentary.

6. metateen

Moderator Indie Author

Hmm, why not just make this an official cardgame?

Though the description on how to play sort of bugs me a tad... Really wish there was really more to the play style as I'd simply play the game simply for the art work alone! If you could can you please tell us more on the how to play abilities of this game?

You mentioned it was tactical...So is it fire emblem tactical or shining force 2 tactical?

7. Exeneva

Exeneva New Member

Hmm, what do you mean official cardgame? We do have card collecting and deck editing if that's what you're wondering :D

I'm not sure what the difference between Fire Emblem and Shining Force 2 are as I haven't played those games. Sorry :(

8. Exeneva

Exeneva New Member

We're holding a community play-together event this Saturday, 1pm Pacific Time!

Sign up at zems.com to get an email reminder and join us! The alpha is free for everyone to register and play :)