Young, fast-learning Beginner is searching for a Partner

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by Subjective, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Subjective

Subjective New Member

Hello everyone,

first of all I need to say sorry because of my bad english, but I'm actually from germany not from any native english country. So, I've signed up in this forum because I really want to create games.

My name is Michael, currently I am 15 years old (close to 16) and very beginner in game development. So far I've worked a bit with every famous engine like Unity, Unreal or Cry, also I tried a few things and made small test-projects with Programs like GameMaker or Construct2. I also learned a bit about design with Photoshop/Affinity Photo and know most of the basic programming stuff (Java, C#, CSS, HTML5, JavaScript, a bit of Lua ).

So I don't really know if this is the right place for something like that, but I'm looking for a nice, friendly person that is maybe at the same level like me or even better. It's not easy to learn so much alone and to get motivated to do something, because sometimes, it can get very stressful and hard. My Question is, can I find someone friendly with skills who is motivated to make games with me, learn something together about game development or even teach me some things / help me get out, because I think it's much easier and cooler to make something together! In my oppinion it's just very good because we could learn faster, get more motivated and have more ideas.

I am ready for any questions or assignments that you have or even tips/help for my way. If you are interested to do something like that with me, I am ready for all type of games and projects and motivated for new things. Just message me here on the forum or via E-Mail: mail.subjektiv@gmail.com

Thanks,
    - Michael (Subjective)

Northmyth and Fluxcabury like this.
  2. Northmyth

Northmyth New Member

Hello Michael i am new to this site too :) i Would gladly talkabout game making with you. I got mine own project i have been working one for some time. But i am no expert but i need like you some one to talk about game making with. to keep ideas floating :)
    What kinda game are out interestet in making ?
    you can repley here or find me on my facebook site with same name as in here :)

3. Subjective

Subjective New Member

Hey Northmyth,

thank you for your friendly reply. I'm not using facebook but do you have maybe discord or skype?
    To your question: I currently don't have a specific direction of genre which I wanna make. Like I said my main goal
    is to learn something, maybe find some more indie developers to make projects with and somehow create a whole new game
    from any genre that is possible for 2 people.

4. Fluxcabury

Fluxcabury New Member

What about a 3rd person as well

5. Northmyth

Northmyth New Member

i got a skype and your both welcome to contact me there thedemohunter is my skype :)

6. Northmyth

Northmyth New Member

always room to talk about game development feel free to contact me at my skype thedemonhunter :)

7. Subjective

Subjective New Member

Hm, a third person wouldn't be bad :D Do you guys have discord ? If so then please add me and we can see Subjektiv#3103

8. Northmyth

Northmyth New Member

hmm tried to add you but got this message :p
    Has hired a samurai to slay all friend requests :O you can add my by northmyth#5316

#8 Northmyth, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  9. Atwo Studios

Atwo Studios New Member

Hey Michael,

This is Anthony from Atwo Studios. We are actually looking for someone who is familiar with Game maker either in programming or in 2D art. We have an upcoming golf game we are going to be working on, we are looking for someone who wants to gain experience in making video games. If you would like to shoot me an email at anthony@atwostudios.com with any links of your work as a programmer or an artist, I'd appreciate it!

Check out our website at atwostudios.com for more info on our games we have made so far!

10. Subjective

Subjective New Member

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to give you all a small update what happened in the last days:

There came much requests into my way and really every person was friendly and had much skills and motivation to make a game. I don't wanted to decline some guys because of the fact I just wanted a "partner" but I didn't know that I get so much requests, so we decided to make a small team which currently contains 5 people with very different ages. 3 of them are developers and 2 are graphic designer. We already started on planning our first small game to get into it and learn to work together in a team. If you want, you can still just message me and join us, we will be searching for new members soon. :)