www.Enkord.com - 2.0 site relaunch

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by berserker, Jul 6, 2007.

1. berserker

Indie Author

Finally we have managed to get our new server from LiquidWeb and launched new website. Now it's more protal-like as number of our games tend to increase (9 to date).

This is the thread for criticism of our new website so please go ahead and let me know what you think about it.

Thanks!

Here is the link:
    www.Enkord.com
    ________
    Yamaha It200

#1 berserker, Jul 6, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  2. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Why so much adsense? more than 50% of homepage is filled with it... :confused:

3. berserker

Indie Author

It works, so why not? :)
    It's an entertainment site after all so have to have more ways to monetize traffic. Especially since we've added online games section.
    ________
    ECONIC

#3 berserker, Jul 6, 2007
  4. lakibuk

Indie Author

The german translation was babelfished,wasn't it?

5. berserker

Indie Author

Uhh... actually no. It wasn't native translation either and I've been thinking about having someone native to proofread it but is it THAT bad?
    Can you recommend German proofreading service?
    ________
    Og Kush

#5 berserker, Jul 6, 2007
  6. Applewood

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Because people like me hit the X button the moment some spam or other unrelated bollocks appears. If it flashes at me, I put the site in my mutants list to make sure I never accidentally come back again.

When ads are overdone, it screams "I can't make money from my content, so my content must be shite".

7. lakibuk

Indie Author

The quality is quite bad, close to Babelfish.
    Proofreading - don't know anyone but myself.
    Contact me if you are interested.

8. berserker

Indie Author

The good thing is that most of our visitors don't agree with you because I haven't noticed any significant drop in sales but I do have noticed 3x increase in AdSense comparing to previous version :)
    ________
    Iolite vaporizer

#8 berserker, Jul 6, 2007
  9. berserker

Indie Author

Thanks Karl, dropped you a PM
    ________
    Free drupal themes

#9 berserker, Jul 6, 2007
  10. arcadetown

Moderator Original Member

Looks nice, much better than before. I would advise to eliminate adsense used as a preloader for the web versions. You may get a high ctr but will be uber poor quality clicks and a strong chance google will ban you. Know others it's happened to.

11. berserker

Indie Author

Thanks Brian, much appreciated. BTW, could you advise any ad systems that can be used with/instead of AdSense?
    If I am not mistaken you have quite some experiense with them. i.e. TribalFusion being one of them...
    ________
    HINO RAINBOW

#11 berserker, Jul 6, 2007
  12. JoKa

Indie Author

On some sites I already replaced Adsense with the Bigfish PNP. It outperforms Adsense, which doesn't pay much for game-related ads anyway.

13. Applewood

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Obviously the ones you know about don't agree with me as they must've stayed. What you should be interested in is learning how many visitors went away unhappy?

It's just a presentation thing. AdSense and it's ilk just say innapropriate money grabbing to me, and I'm really not the only one. If you're selling games, sell games.

Your site (amongst many others to be fair) feels like it's trying to sell my eyes to someone else without paying me for the privilege. If you're kidding yourself this is "providing me with revenue whilst providing my customers with more choice", catch yourself next time you try to watch a Simpsons episode the whole way through.

Don't mean to be insulting, intended to be constructive criticism - everything else looks great.

14. AlexN

Original Member

If you want it to be a portal, remove the adsense. That's what I think about it.

15. esmelon

esmelon New Member

I'm agree, too much adsense, too much bookmarks...

P.S.
    We already use your affiliate system :)
    http://www.gametram.com/online/

P.S.2
    Jurassic Realm doesn't work under IE6, level complete immediately after start.
    Can't rotate sprite by mouse wheel or space in Zodiac Tower.

#15 esmelon, Jul 7, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  16. berserker

Indie Author

Nice... I think I will announce our affiliate system in a separate thread later...

Speaking about flash game bugs.., Could you please be more specific? I've just checked them under IE6 and both of them work without problems.
    ________
    Home Insurance Forum

#16 berserker, Jul 8, 2007
  17. esmelon

esmelon New Member

Jurassic Realm:
    Sorry, I have Flash 6 in my IE6, but game requires Flash player 7 or higher.

Zodiac Tower:
    Then I grab the shape, the page scrolls if I use the mouse wheel and nothing happens if using the space button. FF 2.0 Flash 9.

18. berserker

Indie Author

Indeed it looks broken in Firefox... Will have our Flash guy to fix it on Monday.
    ________
    CHARGER (L-BODY)

#18 berserker, Jul 8, 2007