Writer available for work (creative, copy, etc.)

Discussion in 'Other Services' started by BryanE, Nov 19, 2017.

1. BryanE

BryanE New Member

If you need a writer for a title -- be it copywriting, press releases, or creative in-game writing -- I may be able to help. I'm very experienced and highly adaptable to just about anything you might need.

Briefly:
    • I'm a technical writer by trade. Need a manual or UI/UX text? I can help.
    • I've also worked as a freelance tech/video game journalist for about 20 years. Need copy for a press release, web site, flyers, etc.? I can help with that too.
    • I've written for a few small video games (dialog, story, in-game voice lines, etc.): Westward III (PC RTS), Defender Chronicles II (iOS), Kuros (PC Adventure/Hidden Object), and an unpublished casual RPG.
    • I've worked in the game industry for many years, although not as a developer -- but I still no what it can be like on the inside. I worked for Sierra On-Line, and worked as Web produced for Xbox and as a (contract) technical writer for Nintendo.
    • I can help with social media/community management. Once upon a time I was a tech support/customer service/community manager, so my 'word smithing' can be applied to that area as well.
    I'm still an active freelance video game writer and doing a little side work for folks like Gaijin Entertainment, Crytivo, rogarena.com, and others. I also still write for my own video game blog (pcgameexaminer), MMOSITE.COM, and more.

And I'm also looking for full-time work -- which means I have more time for freelance projects and side gigs in the absence of a day job. So if you think you can make use of me, hit me up at games.examiner@gmail.com. (Also: If you're interested in having me preview or review a game you're working on, or writing a mock-review, etc., you can email me about that as well.)

Cheers!