Would love a critique of my games and site

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by NothingLikeit, Nov 15, 2011.

1. NothingLikeit

Original Member

Hi all,

I've been gone for a minute, but I'm back with the jump off…. /Lil Kim Refference.

I love being indie, which is to say working on games in my bed room. But I would absolutely love to be doing this full time. It's probably more financially viable (and good experience) to work in a game studio first. In any event, here is an updated design portfolio of my work. I would absolutely love some feedback. Please be honest. I can't improve if I don't cry first. Thanks you guys, been away for a long while, but this forum was my early inspiration to try indieness.

http://marvinhawkins.wordpress.com/

2. GhostRik

Original Member

3. NothingLikeit

Original Member

Thanks for the feedback. Try it now!

4. rioka

rioka New Member

There's a redundancy of RSS links, at least there's two links that go to "http://marvinhawkins.wordpress.com/feed/". Personally, I would get rid of the two text links, keep the current rss icon and add another rss icon for the comments.

In your projects page, I think you should make the title of your games bigger. If you're using H1 for your main title, then you should use H2 or H3 for anything within the body of your post. Right now, it doesn't really stand out because it's just plain old bolded text. You best option is to actually post your game's in-game title like this:
    [​IMG]

Also, it's not easy to read the My Ramblings box. I suggest you do something like add a HR after each post or have the background color of each "post" interchange between one color and another.