would an HTML book sell (sorry if this is in the wrong one)

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by J&E Electronics, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J&E Electronics

Original Member

Just curious, but would an html book sell. If the people think it will sell good then I might write one. By the way, I have around 6-8 years of experience, take a year probably.

2. mahlzeit

Original Member

Is the book written in HTML or about HTML?

3. J&E Electronics

Original Member

sorry I thought I added that, The book I had in mind would teach everything I can about html.

4. papillon

Indie Author

There's plenty of books teaching HTML already. Do you think you could convince a publisher to pay you for one? Especially if you have no background in the area?

Now, if you mean ebooks... well, most people who would be able to find your website to see the ebook would probably also be able to websearch and find free resources to teach them HTML.

Still possible, IF you are a very good salesman and can manage to get your act in the eyes of the right people and convince them that YOUR wisdom is worth giving out their money for instead of wasting their time learning on their own. But you will need to be a great marketer; people will not just flock to your doorstep.

... and you're still saying 'good' when you should be saying 'well'. :)

5. Bmc

Bmc New Member

HTML is pretty trivial. And there are many, many, many books available that teach HTML, there are also many, many, many sites.

If you are looking to write an HTML book, why not include some limited Javascript, DHMTL and CSS as well and focus on teaching about Browser Incompatibilities and their possible solutions...

I'm sure there are books like that as well, but definetly not as many.

6. ErikH2000

Original Member

Idea: Offer an online course aimed at completing a specific kind of website, i.e "How to Make a Geneaology Site", "How to Make a Wedding Announcement Site", etc. Then you sign people up who are interested in making that particular site at the moment and get them all to build their sites as part of your course. Arrange it to offer weekly lessons, i.e. "Managing Your Files", "Navigation Bar", "Sizing Images", etc. and offer advice to people on a message board as they are working on their sites.

I bet you nobody is doing that now. And also there is probably some good reason why not, but this what you get for 15 seconds worth of brainstorming from me.

-Erik

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.