Working Composer Seeking Projects

Discussion in 'Music & Sound Portfolios' started by MichaelGWoodley, May 25, 2016.

1. MichaelGWoodley

MichaelGWoodley New Member

Almost every video game or interactive experience needs music. It adds to the atmosphere, or sometimes creates the atmosphere of the game and makes it more engaging. What is it about Super Mario Bros. 3 or Ocarina of Time that sticks with everyone? It's the feeling that the game gave them. Music played a gigantic role in making those games stand out and become the classics that they are today. Now, not every dev can find their very own Koji Kondo to create incredibly iconic and wonderful scores for their games. This is where I come in. I am not comparable to Kondo because he cannot be touched in terms of legacy, but I can write some fantastic music for your project. I have been doing just that for Subworld, the developer of Chronicon (available on steam).

While I am fluent in most genres of music, I specialize in orchestral, electronic, and world music. Even before finishing my training in orchestration and composition at the Academy of Art in San Francisco, I was composing for Subworld and a few small film production studios. Now I'm trying to head full force into the video games industry as a composer. Why? I love it, that's why. Composing for games is thrilling, and very rewarding.

I am currently seeking games of any type. I have fair and flexible rates for indie developers so we can both be happy with our artistic endeavors. (I can not work for free though, I'm sorry!)

Check out my website for more information: MichaelWoodley.com

Also, feel free to email me at michael@michaelwoodley.com

Kind regards, and I look forward to working with you on your projects!

Michael G. Woodley