Wondferul Wizard of Oz match 3 for iPad/iPhone

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Grey Alien, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Grey Alien

Indie Author

2. Roman Budzowski

Indie Author

Congrats on the deal! Interesting to see such a simple icon for the game. Maybe it will stand out this way? Did you make this or it was GH job?

3. Matt2East

Original Member

Wow, I remember this as a PC game from around 2007. Congrats!

4. Grey Alien

Indie Author

@Roman: Well actually I said to gamehouse that they should make a fancy icon with Dorothy's face on it but they just didn't, not sure why. But yeah maybe it'll stand out or look kinda iOS 7 ish.

5. jcottier

jcottier New Member

Good luck.

JC

6. ryansumo

ryansumo New Member

Good job Jake, hope it all works out. Now that you mention it that icon is really strange. Definitely more iOS6 than 7. How's it doing so far?

7. Grey Alien

Indie Author

Well it's got mixed reviews entirely depending on if people could run it. 5 star for those who could and 1 star for those who couldn't. We tried to filter out iPad1 as it doesn't run on that but screwed up. Not sure about sales yet as I haven't got a royalty report yet.

8. jcottier

jcottier New Member

Any reasons why it doesn't work on iPad1? It's still a very powerful hardware, so I can't see a technical reason why this game wouldn't run on it.

JC

9. Desktop Gaming

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Probably just because for some reason it requires iOS6 - the iPad doesn't support iOS higher than 5.1, I believe. Why is that? Who knows?

10. jcottier

jcottier New Member

I know why...
    If you have an iPad1, mr Apple thinks that you should buy a new shiny one ;)

JC

11. Desktop Gaming

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Ah, but which one? iPad 2? or iPad Air? Weirdly, both the iPad 3 and 4 are discontinued models. So you have to wonder who is making the decisions over at "Infinite Loop".

12. Grey Alien

Indie Author

The iPad 1 is crap. It's super slow but even worse is the hideous lack of memory. If you go about 90Mb RAM used then Apple shuts the app down. Oz was always a bit borderline in terms of memory use but when we added in the various API stuff for Real it pushed it over the edge, so we locked it down to iOS 6 to filter out iPad1. The framerate wasn't great on iPad1 either, so it's for the best. If only there was an easy way to filter out 3GS too.