[wip] pc fps

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by bigfiregames, Nov 3, 2014.

1. bigfiregames

bigfiregames New Member

Hi all,

I've been working on this for a while now and I'm starting to show it to people to get some feedback about the visual style.
    Feedback is thin on the ground. I've hawked it all over twitter and some other forums and no one has really said much so I'm hoping you guys will let me know your thought.

[video=youtube_share;D2ukrEwG_p0]http://youtu.be/D2ukrEwG_p0[/video]

Please let me know what you think.

Many thanks,

/Paul

2. CCHAudio

CCHAudio New Member

The visual style looks pretty cool from what I can see. But it's very dark and the video is 360p at max which makes it difficult to tell what I'm looking at for 1/2 the video or so.

3. bigfiregames

bigfiregames New Member

Many thanks for the feedback.
    I'm going to work on the amount of ambient light.
    I also need to work on recording videos. It's not something I know much about.
    FRAPS is good (and not too expensive) but the files it produces are huge.
    Anyone recommend any good cheap/free video capture software?

Thanks again

/Paul.

4. CCHAudio

CCHAudio New Member

I would just capture it large and then convert it to something smaller. I use Aiseesoft Total Video Converter, cheap, easy to use, and it works really well.

5. AMAXANG-GAMES

AMAXANG-GAMES New Member

It seems to be a pretty awesome game. A thing which I like in this game is the lightning. The surrounding is visible only at the time of lightning. Cool!

6. bigfiregames

bigfiregames New Member

thanks for the info and feedback.

I have reworked the amount of ambient light which should look better.
    I'll take another video soon and upload it.
    I'm also working on an indoor scene and also enemy ai and I hope to have something playable by the end of the month :)

/paul

7. slizer88

slizer88 New Member

OBS is pretty much the standard when it comes to low budget screen recording, even bigger companies use it. It stands for "Open Broadcasting" something.

As for the ganme, the font on the 100% is good, but the other fonts need to be changed. That's minor but it needs to be done eventually. I actually would not increase the ambient light, few games have the confidence to make night scenes as dark as they are in real life. The lightning makes up for it. Perhaps do something to make objects closer to you more visible, since the human eye sees with infrared at night but it's quite limited. You could have the player need to adapt to darkness with a short channeling time, and the same for high brightness situations.
    Otherwise, this is great. Just make another video when you've added stuff to do in the game.