[WIP] Canela - 3D puzzle game

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by françois, Jun 28, 2016.

1. françois

françois New Member

Title:
    Canela's quest (not definitive, but need to be called by some name!)

Video:

Screenshot:
    canela_lightCycles.jpg
    webGL demo - updated 27/06/2016

System Requirements:
    Any browser supporting webGL, see more here

Feedback Details:
    Any kind of feedback is welcome, but the gameplay idea is mainly done now, and as i am alone i won't be able to make deep changes in it! But really, i want to gather the most critics or ideas i can.

Known Issues:
    I tried hard to kill all the bugs i've found, so aside from missing things, like poorly implemented sounds, poor design of the main menu, etc., i happily don't know of any bug. But i do hope some of you will try my game and find some for me! That's the point of this thread :)

Description:
    Canela's quest is a puzzle game about using cubes of different weights and resistances to create a path for a cat, Canela, to reach a box, standing on a lift, from where she will access the next levels. You won't control Canela: she will wander around on the lower grounds of each levels waiting for you to build usable "stairs" for her to climb. Aside from the simple action of moving the cubes, you will have to interact with floating platforms, teleporters and doors opened by switches, all those being activated by the cubes.
    I started this project three years ago, when i discovered Unity, but those three years were divided in many (many) steps, where i paused to learn C#, then again to remake all the game from scratch, then again to change the tile-by-tile movements for a pathfinding implementation, then to learn how to make an undo system, etc. (If you are curious about how the game changed..!)
    I just want to say that even if i have learned a lot, i surely have lost my focus, and i know as i have discovered from time to time with the help of friends, that sometimes i'm unable to see some basic problems and errors!
    So please, if you have some time, be kind to play my demo, and know that critics are more than welcomed!

Thanks for your time, and happy developing!
    François.

PS: I don't know if it's ok to post here a link to my facebook game's development page... I've searched before but didn't find anything, so i take the risk, please correct me if i'm wrong!
    The Facebook Game's page.

#1 françois, Jun 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    Nintenboy195 likes this.
  2. Nintenboy195

Nintenboy195 New Member

Oooh! Look's very cute :) The graphics remind me of Super Mario 3D World. Is this game's gameplay comparable to cube puzzle game "Catherine" released a few years back?

3. françois

françois New Member

Thanks for you comment!
    Indeed i was aiming at making a design like the nintendo games (kirby, mario, toad): simples and colored.
    To be honest i didn't knew this Catherine games, but yes the basic idea is the same: build stairs with cubes!

Nintenboy195 likes this.
  4. françois

françois New Member

A quick update, as i add a video of some phases.

5. PsilocybeJerry

PsilocybeJerry New Member

It looks really good. I've tried to open the demo you posted on your Facebook page but my Chrome had some problems with Unity. Good luck!

6. françois

françois New Member

Thank you!
    Indeed some people have problems with chrome :s It seems firefox works better.