WIP Archelementals of Eiss - 2D Adult-only Beat 'em up

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by oranssi, Feb 24, 2017.

1. oranssi

oranssi New Member

Why am I interested in designing games that unify sex and psychedelia?

What led me to want to make a game like this is that from my point of view, I feel like we live our daily lives separated. In simple terms, there is the observer and what is observed. In this elemental duality of the world that we perceive we try to more than understand what we see, to be that what we perceive, this being the ultimate form of understanding of reality. And for that to occur one has to somehow merge with reality (whatever that really means). To merge with everything, like in an orgy. Hence sexuality.

And why coming up with sex in this context? And not say nirvana, ego death, samadhi or simply love? Because by saying everything is love, is to most probably fail the intended message. People relate to love as only a positive thing. Therefore a way to bias the message, missing the duality altogether. On the other hand, sex comes from our most primitive form, hardwired biology we should not ignore, coming from the very fountain of the infinitesimal. Because saying "I fuck you", has at the same time a derogatory meaning as well as a nice meaning. Hence the unifying of the perceived duality.

By making a game where I present characters that are the forces of Nature anthropomorphized, I try to show this concept. Battling but making love, make love but battle. And from that struggle, the world we perceive comes to be.

Title:
    Archelementals of Eiss

Description:
    Choose your character in this fighting game to represent an anthropomorphic version of the different elements. Earth, fire, air, water and more. There are 28 spirits to choose from. A waterfall makes bubbles in the pond. Wind spirit and water spirit are having sex, hence the bubbles.

Take part in this orgy as it happens seamlessly throughout the landscape.

m/m, m/f, f/m, m/shem, transformation, beat 'em up, psychedelia, psyxxx genre

AEISS is a rather fast-paced 2D sidescroller beat 'em up with a ragdoll type behavior and realtime combat sex with a surreal tone.

It is set in an Universe where spirits are summoned by Natural Phenomena. This original gameplay is based on certain philosophical principles.

Archelementals of Eiss is an adult beat 'em up fighting game with in-combat sex action where you have 28 characters to choose from. This game serves as a preface to a series of chapters.

Archelementals of Eiss - A psychedelic short story :

[​IMG]

AEISS version 0.11 publicly available. Try it now!
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/archelementals-0-14580019

System Requirements : Runs on WINDOWS
    Feedback Details : What do you think about the animations and character´s style for this type of game. Ideas for integrating sex into the fighting system, if you want to share.

#1 oranssi, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  2. oranssi

oranssi New Member

This is a development video where I am testing two male characters.

Cheers

3. oranssi

oranssi New Member

New development video is out to show you the progress I've made for the adversary A.I

Whats new in the video?

- HP bars for the player (still invencible) and adversary

- Ragdoll effect when adversary is hit by player's power

- Melee attack on head, torso or limbs have different results

https://www.patreon.com/posts/8650824

4. oranssi

oranssi New Member

New video uploaded so you can see another gameplay I've implemented.

Each Archelemental has a dominion, in this example you have on the left side an earth elemental but with bush dominion and on the right side also an earth elemental but has a stone dominion. When those characters get into theirs respective dominions, then they can transform (it is optional for the player, and random for the CPU).

After the transformation into Hirvio spirits, in the case for the player, those (will be 3 for each Archelemental) aren't guided directly by the player but there are orders to be executed. Kind like wingmen, that the player will give to them.

I think this will give a tactical approach to the beat 'em up.

5. oranssi

oranssi New Member

Uninterrupted gameplay that shows how the fighting and realtime fucking is in the game so far.

Let me know what you think.

6. Kinshasa

Kinshasa New Member

Fun idea! There's something wrong about the way the females "hover" on top of that penis-looking pedestal, though. Perhaps a rope or something they can swing from? I think my peeve with it, is that you're displacing a lot of weight with the animation, the characters seem like they're heavy, yet their movement is almost like they're paper or cardboard.

The fighting part, just viewing the videos, lacks some sort of damage indicator. It's just my opinion, but a flashy "1200!" just makes it feel more wholesome when you make an impact. Same with received damage.

Now for the camera view, the details of the combat seem to drown in a unruly camera shake. Perhaps once the combat start, lock the fight in a frame that doesn't move on the environment. For a more immersive experience with the sex part, have some closeups on various actions related to it.

The graphical part is probably the least of your worries at this point, but it seems a little 'all over the place', make sure you decide a theme and make it strong enough that it won't leave any doubt of where you were going with it.

I hope my feedback didn't sound too harsh!

oranssi likes this.
  7. oranssi

oranssi New Member

Hi Kinshasa, the idea behind the game mechanic is to simulate a ragdoll effect (more specifically when there are explosions), althought I'm not using physics to achive this, that's why the animations are a little strange. You are right saying that the characters are cut like cardboard. I guess it is because the animations aren't sprites. Each part of the body is "parented" together and the animations are programmed (angles, etc). This way I found it easier to change each bodypart in realtime (necessary for later parts of the game / sequels).

I had thought about that, in relation to have a "damage" indicator, that could be turned on or off in the settings. But an issue I'm having is that the HP or health bar isn't really a health bar, because the characters aren't supposed to be defeated or to win. It's a game without losers so to speak.. nor winners in the common sense. Will have to think about how I will call that bar... thought about "essence bar" or something like that.

The camera I find Ok for now, but I think I know what you mean. Maybe in other version of the game it will become clearer why the camera is lagging a little behind (I guess that's what you meant by unruly?).

Zooming in to the sex scene would be nice, but I don't think the graphics I made have good definition to zoom and keep it good looking, without pixelating. Also, I haven't learned how to do that yet :)

Yeah, no worries with the level design, this is really just early builds for practice. Will be much different in the game, actual themed levels.

Thanks for the feedback!

8. oranssi

oranssi New Member

Increased power with Superclarity State. Basically it happens when the elemental spirits lose all of their clothes [​IMG]

9. oranssi

oranssi New Member

Making the realtime sex interactions is taking more time than I thought.
    When making a beat 'em up game there are numerous interactions to be programmed even if it is the same sex action movement, it has to be adapted to each character.

But all in all the development is going nicely and I expect to have FINALLY THE FIRST ALPHA RELEASE in no more than two weeks from now, for you to test.

So if you have been following this development, stay tuned!

10. oranssi

oranssi New Member

This is the last development video update before the first alpha version release to the public, probably next monday. Stay tuned!
    Here you can see different nude female characters brawling.

11. oranssi

oranssi New Member

12. oranssi

oranssi New Member

13. oranssi

oranssi New Member

14. oranssi

oranssi New Member

Just a quick update.
    This is the game menu so far.

You can see character selections, a loading screen, a little bit of actual gameplay and the in-game menu. Has no sound yet.

Next week I will release another version of the game. Stay tuned!

15. oranssi

oranssi New Member

16. oranssi

oranssi New Member

Why am I interested in designing games that unify sex and psychedelia?

What led me to want to make a game like this is that from my point of view, I feel like we live our daily lives separated. In simple terms, there is the observer and what is observed. In this elemental duality of the world that we perceive we try to more than understand what we see, to be that what we perceive, this being the ultimate form of understanding of reality. And for that to occur one has to somehow merge with reality (whatever that really means). To merge with everything, like in an orgy. Hence sexuality.

And why coming up with sex in this context? And not say nirvana, ego death, samadhi or simply love? Because by saying everything is love, is to most probably fail the intended message. People relate to love as only a positive thing. Therefore a way to bias the message, missing the duality altogether. On the other hand, sex comes from our most primitive form, hardwired biology we should not ignore, coming from the very fountain of the infinitesimal. Because saying "I fuck you", has at the same time a derogatory meaning as well as a nice meaning. Hence the unifying of the perceived duality.

By making a game where I present characters that are the forces of Nature anthropomorphized, I try to show this concept. Battling but making love, make love but battle. And from that struggle, the world we perceive comes to be.

17. oranssi

oranssi New Member

New updates :

- Have been working on NSFW illustrations for every 28 characters that players will be able to unlock on different checkpoints inside this fighting game as achievements.

[​IMG]

- For the following weeks, I will focus on the "next sex scenes" that come after the fighting level. It will be more like a simulation but with a twist.

- Hirvio tactical gameplay is done.

18. oranssi

oranssi New Member

New development video of the new level - Unify the elements -