[WIN] Brick Empires Demo | 3D RTS Tower Defence

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Lell, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Lell

Lell New Member

Hello all! Thanks for welcome in this forum!
    I write here to ask some feedback about this game concept I developed.
    I created this in some months with Unity 3D.
    It is a tech demo, made to evaluate a game concept that I invented. So there are many things that are made just to work and not to be nice, mostly the interface.

The game is a 3D tower defence game, based on some famous plastic bricks that I never mention. :D
    It works only on windows for the moment. You have an objective to defend (in this demo a tresure, but it could be a princess or anything else). It is set in the medieval age. You have a hero, some units, and you can build structures with those bricks to defend the units and the objective. Enemies come in waves, and are able to kill your units and to destroy the structures you have built, brick by brick! They also have catapults. While they attack you can guide your units and repair your structures with new bricks. You have limited resources to build, but you can gather some from the map, and you receive some when reinforcements of units arrive.
    The cool thing, in my opinion, is that after every battle the battlefiled is full of rubble, wrecks of siege machines, ruins and puppets, tha become skeletons after some time, making the battlefield look very fought!

This is the download link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/10776h88rrafvgd/BrickEmpires TechDemo.zip?dl=0

This is a video that shows the basics of the game and some gameplay:

There are other older videos on the channel that show the game, like these:

What I would like to know is if this kind of concept could be fun and interesting, so I can put much more effort in its development, and maybe ask some permissions or even help from the creators of those bricks! :D I'm not a professional programmer, and this game needs better foundations to be created properly. Now it supports from 100 to 300 bricks in scene, and maps not larger than 256 studs of length. But I would like it to be more epic than this demo, with acceptable performances. It also needs some better tools for building the structures, to make the process faster, but for a demo this aspect is acceptable.

In addition to the bad aspect of the GUI, some other problems may occour with the AI behavior. Sometimes puppets may get stuck. Sometimes they have problems with pathfinding. Other than that, they are quite aggressive.

So please have a look at it and try it out, and share with your friends if you think they are interested in this genre of games, or in those bricks that I don't mention. :D

Some screenshots for those who are in a hurry.

screen3.jpg screen5.jpg screen6.jpg screen7.jpg vittoria 01.jpg

Thankyou for attention! Bye!

2. Lell

Lell New Member

Please somebody who has an hour to try this out! Does this look that bad? :(