Wii rocks so hard

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Sparks, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Sparks

Original Member

Any Wiinatics here ?
    I love my Wii so much, it just aint funny anymore.I am 5 hours into Twilight Princess and its shockingly immersive and fundamentally varied on the gameplay side.
    Sports Tennis is exhausting and hilarious.Snooker is wayyyyyyyy cool.
    Anybody played Red Steel ?
    LucasArts, if You are reading: bring StarWars to the Wii and let me do lightsaber fights !!!

2. soniCron

Indie Author

3. Hamumu

Indie Author

Thank you very much! I had to get Wii cash for my birthday because the real deal was unattainable! Fingers shall remain locked in the crossed position.

4. svero

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

I had my minions insure that Wii would be unavailable in your area to ensure that Looneyland 2 is completed so that I'll have something to play as I also cannot get my hands on a wii.

5. DangerCode

Original Member

I'm not allowed to play my Wii until Xmas.

6. GameGlyph

Original Member

Red Steel is alright...its fun, but the controls are kinda shady at times(although much better than Call of Duty's). The AI is pretty bad, and the story is generic, but despite all these things, it is still fun.

The Wii is kinda weird in that I find myself playing every single game that I own frequently. Most of the time with normal consoles, I would get a new game, then play the hell out of it till I never wanted to play it again. With Wii, though, I find myself playing more in short spans (with the exception of Zelda). Wii games easily lend themselves to the person with less time to spare for games, like myself.

7. DFG

DFG
    Original Member

Is this Zelda fundamentally like all the other Zelda's? I am afraid I am suffering from Zelda burnout.

8. LilGames

LilGames New Member

Hmm. I walked into a mall EB today and they had 3 in stock.
    (no, I didn't buy one)

9. lakibuk

Indie Author

So i'm not the only one. The series hasn't evolved much since Ocarina.
    And the Gamecube version has just been released and seems to be the same game as on Wii, so no need to buy a Wii.

10. Karja

Original Member

When I asked around at an EB two days ago they hazarded a guess that they'd have a Wii in stock around Easter sometime. There's just no justice in the world.

11. Hamumu

Indie Author

Indeed... we called every place around and the best answer we got was "call back every morning!" Then I got insider info thanks to the fabulous intertubes, detailing exactly how many would be shipped to every Circuit City in America on the coming Sunday. Looked up my local store number, discovered 44 were on the way! My wife went down, arriving when it opened at 10am, which is precisely when they were handing out the last Wii to the last person who had lined up at 5am that morning to get a voucher for one.

3 sitting around an EB... inconceivable.

12. Sparks

Original Member

Zelda TP is just soooo good.
    There is so much happening all the time, virtually every 15-20 minutes there's a new plot twist, cutscene or funny gameplay idea (that monkey stealing the lamp to...well...find it out).
    Havent had that much fun in an action adventure since OUTCAST for PC.
    Now hunting for the interesting Gamecube titles I missed, like Metroid Prime, StarWars Rogue Leader, Rayman 3, Batman Begins and stuff like that :)
    Probably getting Beyond Good and Evil for the Cube, too, its so great that the Wii eats them all :)

13. whisperstorm

Original Member

Even creating Mii's is loads of fun. My kids and I created a bunch of Zombii's and now when we play baseball we usually end up playing against a Zombii team :) (Instructions for Zombii's and other Mii's like Michael Jackson, Chuck Norris are here http://www.miilikewii.com/)

There's a Wii number thread around here somewhere - add yourself to there and let's share Mii's

14. lexaloffle

Indie Author

15. Emmanuel

Moderator Original Member

The Wii sports golf game is awesome, but it has an interesting feature :) Almost every time the game tells us "nice shot!", the ball ends up in a tree, water, sand, out of bounds, or whatever.

Best regards,
    Emmanuel

16. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Eh too fun reading how everyone is so enthusiast about the Wii. Personally I don't care at all - unless they start to make hardcore strategy/simulation/rpg for it, which I doubt :rolleyes:

17. lakibuk

Indie Author

What's surprising to me is that games that don't have very good reviews (Wii Sports - 77%, Red Steel 66%) seem to be well received by the gamers. They are hungry for innovation.

18. sound app

Indie Author

love it. It's totally addictive.
    my kid daughter (7 1/2 years old) loves above all to create Mii, there's something there...

19. Ratboy

Original Member

Has anyone tried playing it like this yet? ;)

20. Jesse Aldridge

Original Member

I just went pro in Wii Tennis yesterday :D Boxing is my favorite, mainly cuz it's the most physical. I'm up to 1350 in that. As an added bonus, I do beleive Wii Sports is the best excercise I've ever gotten in my life.

Add the mild addiction of regular excercise with the mild addiction of video games, and what do you have... is wii the new crack???