Where do website developers hang out?

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (PAID ONLY)' started by Phil Steinmeyer, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Phil Steinmeyer

Original Member

An entity that I'm advising that is NOT connected to the game development world is probably going to be contracting out some web development work (perhaps a 1-2 day test job to several web developers, followed up by 1-2 months of work for the "winning" web developer).

I'm not particularly looking to find that web developer here, what I'd prefer to find is a list of sites (or simply the best site), that would be similar to Indie Gamer, but geared towards website developers, where we could peruse portfolios and pricing, and contact those that strike our fancy.

Any suggestions?

2. Backov

Original Member

Sitepoint is one..

3. jankoM

Indie Author

4. Phil Steinmeyer

Original Member

For the site in question, I don't think fancy technology is very important - the need is more for visual design (professional, yet attractive), and information architecture/layout (the site has a ton of information, spread across many, many pages, with a haphazard overall hierarchy).

5. infocyde

infocyde New Member

where

freelancer.com, stackoverflow.com

6. Phil Steinmeyer

Original Member

freelancer.com appears to be parked and pointing just at a list of other sites. Is that the URL you meant?

stackoverflow.com appears to be programmer-oriented.

7. DFG

DFG
    Original Member

webmasterworld.com - used to be a moderator over there back in the day...

8. Colm

Colm New Member

Then you want a web designer rather than a web developer