What is everyones current project

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by J&E Electronics, Sep 23, 2004.

1. J&E Electronics

Original Member

So what is everyones current game they are working on?

Mine is a simple 2D Turn based rpg. Everything is going fine but artwork and the programming :( . The artist bailed on us and the programmer, my cousin, is busy with his job and his family. My cousin, the programmer, is going to take up the job of an artist as well. I'm thinking about hiring an artist to put some pressure of my cousin's shoulders.

#1 J&E Electronics, Sep 23, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2004
  2. J&E Electronics

Original Member

Everything else not listed (designing, producing, and music and sound effects)

3. wazoo

Original Member

trying my hand at Torque

My current project?

I'm trying to appeal to both PC and Mac crowds, by making my first small (*chuckle*) game with Torque...

The "big" things are simple to do with the engine, it's just tweaking everything that takes a while...(but that goes without saying in any project right? ;) )

So far, so good...*cross fingers*

4. bantamcitygames

Administrator Original Member Indie Author Greenlit

5. Rainer Deyke

Indie Author

Feyna's Quest - a story driven 2D platform game with rpg elements. Originally released in 2002; will be rereleased with some major redesign and all new graphics. Mostly finished; just needs some new graphics and touch up work

Feyna's Exile - sequel to Feyna's Quest. About halfway done: the first 90% of the game is finished, now I just have to do the remaining 90%.

A pure rpg project with turn based combat, currently untitled: in early design/prototype stage.

6. Sunshine

Original Member

My current project is a MUD game. :eek:

7. Reactor

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Workin' on a space game.

8. Valen

Indie Author

I'm working on a GUI and Lua bindings for the GUI and my engine overall. Then I'll finally be able to start my next game. :)

9. Sillysoft

Indie Author

I am still banging away on my first game Lux, fixing bugs and adding features. I am planning to create a level editor for it next. Right now people have to write out the XML by hand to make maps.

10. GhostRik

Original Member

I'm flirting with the idea of doing an educational platform game "that makes learning fun!" Maybe I'll have to rethink that slogan...

11. Mark Fassett

Moderator Indie Author

My current project is more like three projects - figuring out how to get Derelict to sell better, finishing an update for Derelict, and trying to figure out what my next project will be.

12. Nemesis

Original Member

My project is a 3d shoot-em-up game called Perihelion. It is inspired from the classes Space Harrier, R-Type and Starfox. Check it some screenshots in my signature link. Kindly note that this is not an official website - just a temporary site to show progress. So far it's taken us over a year and a half.

13. princec

Indie Author

Super Elvis! 7MB, Win32/Linux x86, requires Java 1.4+

Cas :)

14. wazoo

Original Member

nice one princec!

Despite the like 10 popups I had to go through (from my firewall software and java) it was worth it to shoot mushrooms everywhere. :)

15. Jason Colman

Indie Author

I'm working on Amju Super Golf v.2.0. It has a new character in it, for a 2-player mode. (You can see a picture of the new character here if you like.) I'm hoping to finish this by the end of next week, and release on 4th Oct if I don't find any show stopping bugs.

The next thing I really must do after that is promote it! I spend all day working on the game itself, and no time marketing. I need to sort that out.

After that I have a new Amju game at the design stage.

Finally I am working on an Adult game (NON Amju-related :) ). That's at an early stage too.

I love doing this full-time! Unfortunately I am not making any money at it, and will soon be going back to the rat race :(

16. Gilzu

Moderator Original Member

wicked!
    I really like your style, both gameplay and graphics...

17. Mike Wiering

Original Member

I'm working on a huge project, which has already taken almost two years: Game Studio (name might change).

Game Studio is kind of like gamemaker, you can easily make any kind of 2D games with it, but specially optimized for platform games / side scrollers. Objects have all kinds of properties that you can set, and you can program events in Pascal.

At the same time, I'm using it to create two games myself: Charlie III (of course!) and Olaf & Elmar (platform game about an elephant and a mouse who have to work together to solve problems, like in The Lost Vikings).

I'm working alone, but for Olaf & Elmar, a professional artist is doing the graphics. I hope to have a first version of Game Studio ready by Christmas.

18. ggambett

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Don't be shy! Post screenshots! I'll post one tonight :)

19. super_e

Original Member

20. Jack Norton

Indie Author