What Is All Required To Create a Game

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by Steve007, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Steve007

Steve007 New Member

Let me clarify. First I'm new at least to game development.

I would like to know what is a bare minimum team of people interns of skills you'll need to make a great game?

For example: a coder, 3D/2D models, what else?

I know it depends on the game. Second which is sort of the same question is that. What are all the skills involved in game developing?

2. Xangotrick

Xangotrick New Member

You don't "need" a team of people to make a game. It's all a matter of scope. That being said, you have to play with the skills you have. Working with an artist can go a long way into making your game feel nicer. From my experience, you need, as a whole, programming skills, image editing skills, you have have to be able to create 3d models, or 2d sprites. And again, from my experience, if you frame your art style right, and you are willing to make the effort of learning, if you get skilled enough yourself in all of those fields, you might be able to work alone, and not need a team.
    The only thing that seems so difficult to do right that you need someone with actual experience in the field, is a music. It's the only skill where the learning curve seems to be really steep, and not worth the learning investment.

In any case, that's just my experience with that.