What are you currently working on?

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by ChiefRedThunder, Oct 10, 2008.

1. PoV

PoV
    Indie Author

Me I just finished an iPhone game. Marketing it as we speak.

2. Acord

Acord New Member

lol - we thought about it, but the game moves too fast to make that kind of tactic worthwhile. As is, we're trying to add traveling speed to the bullets, which should make for crazy firefights if we can keep it from spamming the server to death, and ricochet got added experimentally to the shotgun.

The flamer has been tweaked slightly, but I really think it'll be tough to get it to look and feel right until we get a better particle system.

We had considered several kinds of grenades. The incindiery grenade is still a possibility, but since they are the only limited ammo weapon in the game(they are *powerful*, and will easily kill everything in a small room) it might make things somewhat clunky to be carrying around several types of grenades.

3. Bad Sector

Original Member

How about some Bad Bean Farting then that spawns a bunch of particles behind the player and doesn't block his view? It worked for Abe :p.

4. jcottier

jcottier New Member

I am currentely working on an adventure point&click / puzzle game. It is still pretty early and it looks like it will be a huge amount of work... The audience targeted is the one from casual portals.

[​IMG]

5. Jack Norton

Indie Author

The art looks really great jcottier, congrats :)

6. jcottier

jcottier New Member

Thanks Jack.

JC

7. Jeff

Indie Author

Seconded. That is awesome!

8. dbest

dbest New Member

Thirded ;)

The art is really superb.

9. Bad Sector

Original Member

Indeed its very good, but wouldn't a cel shaded character with a smooth shaded background clash a bit?

10. jcottier

jcottier New Member

Thanks for the comments guys....
    The character wasn't finished but I wanted to show it off ;)
    Having saying that, it will depend on how much time it take to fully draw these characters... If it is too long, they might stay cell shaded... also, I like them facial animated and this might increase a lot the artwork requiered.

JC

11. Mephs

Mephs New Member

It's nice to see some very interesting and inspiring posts here :)

Well, as for myself, in my day job, which is technically for an independant developer (depending on your definition of indie) we are working on Football Superstars, a Football MMO with both games of football and a "lifestyle" gameplay element:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My own personal project (which I don't yet have screenshots for as I'm working on the network code at the moment!) is going to be a top down survival shooter/RPG.

Cheers!

Steve O

12. Bad Sector

Original Member

And here is another resurrection of this thread, to post the first "history screenshot" of the new Flash game i'm working on, Electric Perspective:

[​IMG]

It'll be more story-driven and laid back than Rombo with some puzzles and such (obviously inspired by system shock) but i'm going to break it in several chapters so the Flash crowd won't feel overwhelmed (and have a chance to actually finish the game).

Its still in early stages, so the look might change a bit. Although it won't change as much as Rombo did :p.

13. Cevo70

Cevo70 New Member

@BadSector: Kind of reminds me of Marathon (good thing). And why is the guy carrying around "Ham?" Not going to help him much in a gunfight. :)

Here's some screenshot updates for Ophidian Wars:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#93 Cevo70, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  14. Bad Sector

Original Member

Its actually Hardware Amplification Modules :D :D.

Your shots looks nice, especially the models. The lighting in the terrain probably needs some variety though (some smooth shadows should add a lot) :)

15. Imphenzia

Imphenzia New Member

Some quite impressive stuff I see in this thread :)

Personally I'm working on my soundtrack site and releasing some new music that hopefully will end up in games one day!

16. LateNight

LateNight New Member

Well this seems like as good a place as any to make my first post*.

I'm currently working on a scifi-themed turn-based tactics game. In terms of gameplay, it's a fairly traditional PC-style TBT game in the style of Laser Squad, XCom, Jagged Alliance and Silent Storm, with full line of sight, opportunity fire, etc.

Stylistically, it borrows a little from the Japanese console-based TBT games, insomuch as there is a narrative, lots of dialogue, cutscenes, etc. (All skippable, of course.)

Thematically, it's a fairly mainstream near-future scifi setting. There are plenty of guns and adventure, but also a fair dose of humour. It really doesn't take itself too seriously.

Here are a couple of screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't really have an ETA. It has just entered beta testing (beta applications still welcome on the site) so how long it takes will depend on the nature of the feedback it receives.

* Actually this isn't technically my first post, but the account I used previously was shared between two of us relating to our old games, and we're not working together any more.

17. JasonD

Original Member

jcottier, it reminds me of the old King's Quest games. It's strange those style of games dropped out, since turning them into 3D loses something in the process. The classic overhead 2D shoot 'em up games also lose something in the switch to 3D, which is the type of game I am making (in 2D that is).

-----------------

My game: Duality ZF.

Please check out the April 2009 Trailer on YouTube.

Here are some older screen shots (March 2009):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. S2P

S2P New Member

[​IMG]

I've been working on Survival Strike for about 3.5 years now, the initial prototype, then we upgraded the games engine twice (now finally we are at the stage of BETA) and putting everything together. Originally it was a single player game, but over time grew into an MMO FPS (tactical weaponry, abilities in 3rd person, with your bog standard point and shoot weapons in 1st person).

19. Asvarduil

Asvarduil New Member

JasonD, yours is Shmup I want to make someday.

However, the shmup I'm currently making is SHMUP: Orbital Combat, currently in its beta phase. Observe!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also Bad Sector - glad to see your games coming along! :D

20. TomQS

Indie Author

Working title

It's a pinball-mechanic, underwater casual game :)
    Most of the work has been focused on finishing the engine,
    but the gameplay work will boost in the next couple of months, and the graphics are almost done (not visible in the screenshot, I know)

[​IMG]