What are we/you working on

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by jankoM, Dec 6, 2006.

1. electronicStar

Original Member

Working on my game that will be some sort of a cross between super smash bros and a shoot em up.
    I already have a handful of screens but I prefer to wait until there is much more material done before I start leaking them out.
    That thread makes me realize that I should find a way to speed up my design process ,because with approx. 1 week to create a level and 50 levels left I am at least one year away from the end of devellopment. :eek:
    I'll probably cut on the number of levels though, and release the rest as a sequel or add-on:p

I'd like to say that some of the games in this thread look really beautiful and high quality, I can't wait. Indie games' quality is really going up.

2. cliffski

Moderator Original Member

That's very true. Its both great news, and a bit scary at the same time.

3. Sharpfish

Original Member

I'm working on 2 games (the same 2 as last time the thread came around, but then I posted some joke screen about a very bad looking pong clone) I have a very vague (old so doesn't give much away) screenshot on my blog of the first one (A casual puzzle action game) but none of the second yet (A not strictly casual but still accessible game).

I am fed up of predicting release dates for either so it will be the usual "when they are done" ;)

4. tewe76

Original Member

Thanks very much! Now I've got more info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concentration/game.
    "Concentration, also known as Memory or simply Pairs ..."
    Thanks again Popcorn boy!

5. jankoM

Indie Author

No, not at all... I was called by some Slovenian magazine that I sometimes make games for and I had to finish this game (on youtube video) really quickly so I had to put bushes aside for a week. I will continue in next days - (btw... I found out that it's really interesting to play bushes over IM or skype...)

TimeEaters.com is website where I will have my and other people's games that are not for kids (that don't belong to BKG). I think it will be cool - but who doesn't for his own website. :) Bushes will be the first game there.

//a lot of really really interesting projects seem to be in the works!! I take my words from post about Coyote's interview of papillon back

6. marcusl

Original Member

Today I am mostly working on....

Isn't that you Cliff in those piccies ?!, actually MusicBiz comes to mind after seeing that ;) .... anyway

Apartments... which is still going after , umm, a bit of time ( to be fair I've done and finished a couple of other little games in between and only do this in my spare time but MUST try and focus...)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

now where did I put those new space skybox textures ? DAMN, I'm so easily distracted!!

Maz
    http://www.itsallagame.com
    http://www.itsallagame.com/Apartments.html
    http://itsallagame-games.blogspot.com/

7. GREENhERMIT

Original Member

Hello :D

I'm working on many flash games for website, collect money for fund bigger game.

8. jeb_

Indie Author

9. cliffski

Moderator Original Member

Hey marcus, thats looking really cool!

10. puggy

Original Member

EVIL, read that, reminded me of that game, then remembered my ST emulator is on my broken laptop, so i need to download it to this one then see if i can find a copy of that game.

Obviuosly i'm continually working on starpeace, however thinking of doing a MMORPG version, though i'll be getting a few friends (or should that be lackies?) to work on that side of things.

2 mmo's i'd also like to do are a football manager game and a game simalar to projectrockstar.com (made by kerb).

11. jankoM

Indie Author

I love that graphics jeb_ .. gives great atmosphere (I am saying this from seing that video with particles and lights few days back also)

I had to make a short video so kids of that magazine will know how to play... so I uploaded it on youtube too and here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mvqn3bYoS8

(that number besides word "nivo" means level)

#51 jankoM, Dec 8, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2006
  12. Christian

Original Member

jankoM: i dont know if somone has told you this before, but, you know what would be cool?, mixing the colors of the RGB spectrum to change the color of the blocks, so that when you put a red box over a green box you get yellow, if you put a red box over a blue one you get magenta, if you put blue over green you get cyan, maybe you can play with that idea. Nice game.

13. Andy

Original Member

Pretty fun game idea Janko! Dumb and simple - I like such masterpieces a lot!

14. amaranth

Original Member

@Fost
    Those graphics are beautiful! I'm not much of a sci-fi chick, but I would play something that looks like this!

@jeb_
    I love that screenshot and style!

@Drake
    Is that the same Dodge That Anvil from GDC? Drats! I didn't know you hadn't finished it. Anyways, that was the game that I wanted to win at the competition last year. :D

15. Drake

Indie Author

Yup, same game. Thanks for rooting for me. :)

16. electronicStar

Original Member

@ Jeb_ :
    Wow I love the graphic style, I want to play with those little guys so much. I hope the whole game is in the same style.

17. jankoM

Indie Author

Christian... color mixing could be cool - thanks for reminding me. It is not applicable to this because we have 3 colors and if we start mixing those 3 colors we get 9 colors and we then we mix those too so we get .... and so on :)

It means a lot to me when this comes from you Andy, you and you kids are my biggest fans :p (btw.. kubi is in pre-cooking stages also)

18. Midnight Synergy

Indie Author

Trying to finish up Wonderland Adventures, hopefully by February.

Preview Video:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=X2hZKizHIwo

A lot of the upcoming games look amazing! Can't wait for Mr. Robot. Grimm's Hatchery should be very cool. The new Lux. And Cliffski's game... looks... interesting. ;)

19. Christian

Original Member

jankoM: you could limit them to 6 or 9 if you wanted, you dont have to make SO many combinations if you dont want too... your the designer, you put the rules...
    Sorry for the slight off-topic, nice games everyones.

20. negativegeforce

Original Member

almost completed my first game, Plumbing Mania...making levels now :D

Been busy with the ui, gamesave, feature list for the last 2-3 months. Been learning alot!

[​IMG]