What are we/you working on

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by jankoM, Dec 6, 2006.

1. jankoM

Indie Author

I liked similar named thread about a year ago where everybody could post what they are working on currently in a more light manner. Because I want to post stuff for feedback often and I don't want to make a big deal with new thread each time and because I like to see what others are working on... see the progress...

So I am making this thread again.. please post as you wish... I will

2. jankoM

Indie Author

Well. I am currently making this game. see the video of one way of playing it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEJDD2Ma3bg

(you match colors but if anyone says this is bejeweled or chuzzle or ... clone I will not buy him beer)

3. JoKa

Indie Author

After months I have finished my game, but have to wait for a patch (MMF2) to be able to release it, finally :(

It seems I had an inspiration of future requirements when I started working at the game, regarding this thread: http://forums.indiegamer.com/showthread.php?t=9246

My main character is a white, blond fairy, but unfortunately with green eyes and clothing, also without a wand, but at least with some magic skills. Oh, yes, I also dared to create a game where you don't have to match anything, very adventurous, but so am I ;)

4. Indiepath

Indiepath New Member

5. Popcorn Boy

Original Member

Our next game in the pipe is a new version of Defender of the Crown. It's somewhere between alpha and beta right now.

6. jankoM

Indie Author

Indiepath that is very coolish I must admit. Joka is your game Penguin versus Yeti also made in MMF? (I remember when my nieces were playing it and they were having quite fun)

uh... I am also making turn based head2head online strategy http://www.itmmetelko.com/webdemos/bushes/ (Testing is quite long but fun at this one.. I only played it from start to finish twice as it took few days to a week each time :) - the guy who "tests" it with me beat me each time :) ... I reckon this bug must be fixed) and new www.timeeaters.com website

#6 jankoM, Dec 6, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2006
  7. JoKa

Indie Author

Yes, Penguin vs Yeti was also created in MMF. I wish I could have used the cool features of MMF2 to create smooth scrolling...

8. Hamumu

Indie Author

At long long last, I am wrapping up Loonyland 2. It's in beta, and I'm letting people preorder it and play the beta to get me lots of handy bug reports! That's working quite well. I'll probably do the same in the future - gets me beta testers who pay me to test, and gets them advance play of the game they were going to buy anyway. Everybody is happy!

9. Musenik

Original Member

10. Bad Sector

Original Member

Working on that FPS idea. I'm still experimenting with stuff, here is a video (bzip2'ed DivX video) with some of the stuff i've made until now.

Lots of things to be done, but i'm almost done with the scripting engine. In fact the scripting engine fully works as i want it and i'm near the completion of the script-to-nativecode interface tool (so i won't have to manually make wrapper functions). Even that it's almost finished, i just need to test it a bit :p.

But beyond that i need to work on the editor (that is, if i decided to use that engine - i have three engines around and each one of them uses a totally different approach for world structure... however this one (i call it, the Alithia engine - alithia means truth in Greek :p) lets me create worlds very fast, but at the cost of them looking a bit "blocky" - although with detail objects this is a minor issue... at the other hand, it has realtime occlusion culling).

11. amaranth

Original Member

12. cliffski

Moderator Original Member

I'm working on this:

[​IMG]

it's the best way to sum up my next game at the moment.

13. jankoM

Indie Author

is this manowar maybe?

14. Bad Sector

Original Member

rockstar simulator ?

15. bignobody

Indie Author

16. Karja

Original Member

Oh God, I hope so! I've wanted to make a remake of Rockstar for ages, but I always get discouraged when I think of all the music I'd have to record for it.

(You know, the rehearsal and gig noises. I wanted to make something similar but with recorded music and maany different skill levels for the musicians.)

17. Andy

Original Member

Gay club simulator probably? Looks pretty promissing...

18. Christian

Original Member

clifflski: thats awesome, keep with those great ideas!!.

I am still desgning my adventure game, that means its still on paper, i still havent touched blitzmax... anyway its going to be pretty different to anything else, i promise :)

19. adamw

Original Member

20. Chris Evans

Moderator Original Member