Web Page Hosting.

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by DanDanger, Dec 3, 2004.

1. DanDanger

Original Member

Hello guys.

Ive been looking into what i need to host a webpage to sell our games on. Im not used to this server/sql/php/ gibberish :) Im much more at home with proper programming :)

Anyhoo, could anyone reccomend a provider which could host our web page? Or do I even need a provider? Could I just connect a computer to the internet and use that? Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Sunshine

Original Member

Look in the very last forum:

Services For Hire (1 Viewing)
    Do you have a service to offer to the indie games community? If so, please post your offers here.

Knock twice, tell 'em 'The Bullfrog' sent you ;)

3. aduro

Original Member

i have used surpasshosting.com for over a year. very cheap and they offer alot of space and bandwidth.

4. keethrus

Original Member

I used to be on powweb, but had trouble with their service. Now I use solidrack.com and so far it's been great. No problems at all. They have incredible support. I get emails answered super fast. You can't beat their price either.

They also have dedicated servers, in case you're in need of that.

- Jeremiah

5. keethrus

Original Member

Email troubles.

I had strange problems with not receiving emails or receiving them hours (or even days? I don't remember) after I should have. And other annoying things like sometimes not being able to attach a file to an email, or not be able to read an attached file of an email. It just wasn't worth it to me to stay with them with such unreliable email service, especially when trying to run a business.

- Jeremiah