Water Reflection and Fog for Unity

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by GaiaDreamCreation, Feb 16, 2017.

1. GaiaDreamCreation

Indie Author

I've been looking and trying different solutions to have water reflecting the fog in my game. I haven't found anything meaningful.

So far, I've used the "Global Fog" script and the Water and Water4 assets from the "Environment" assets. After searching many forums, I found that many people had the same problem and didn't have a solution. The nature of the problem seems related to the fact that the camera created for rendering the reflection doesn't have the fog script.

I'm quite surprised not to see more solutions for rendering fog in water reflections when I think about the number of games that use fog and water together.

I saw water systems in the Unity Asset store, but I have my doubts that they render the fog. I'll have to investigate.

Did anyone here find a solution to render fog on water?