WARPATH

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Zogzor, May 29, 2021.

1. Zogzor

Zogzor New Member

IF YOU ARE VIEWING THIS POST AND ARE NOT A FORUM MEMBER, THEN PLEASE SIGN UP SO THAT YOU CAN VIEW THE GRAPHS. IF YOU ARE A MEMBER AND ARE NOT LOGGED-IN, THEN LOG-IN SO THAT YOU CAN VIEW THE GRAPHS.

I've named this game "Warpath."

This game is going to be released on Steam, and will be free-to-play.

People around me are jealous that I'm making a game, and that they're not, but I'm not some budding passionate game developer or anything -- I couldn't care less about making money or making a popular game. I love games with complex gameplay, so, here I am, with bull-headed determination to make a game for every reason, and no reason, and I do not need a reason.

Chess inspires me to make a game of my own, as this game isn't about fancy graphics, graphic design, story, or any other fluff. This game's all about the mechanics.

This is not a game for people who get angry at video games, as players can kill other players and take their equipment, to get the spoils of war.

The whole point of the game, after all, is "going on the warpath", or, in other words, battling other players.

The server size is 80 players. An individual can only make one character in the game. A player who doesn't log on for a month, will have their character deleted. When a player exits the game, their character stands there for 30 seconds, allowing enemies to kill them, this prevents players from cheating their way out of death.

48 metal ore veins will spawn in random locations throughout the game's world every 6 days, and these can be mined and smelted to become metal that a player can use to forge weapons, helmets, and torso armors.

There will not be a monetary system in this game, due to hyper-inflation issues in MMOs. However, players will have the choice of gifting equipment to other players, or trading equipment. In this game, equipment will always be a rare commodity.

A player's bag-space is only four slots, preventing players from hoarding too much equipment. A type of ore is stackable up to 14 per bag slot, and a type of bar is stackable up to 8 per bag slot, but weapons and armor cannot be stacked.

By killing players, a player becomes stronger, but when he's near other strong players, he becomes weaker; this serves to create the initiative for stronger players to become lone-wolves, and thus become bosses. The beginner rank is 20, and cannot go below this number. The maximum rank is 100. Each time a player kills another, the offending player gains +1 rank. Each time a player dies, they lose 1 rank. Each rank equals +1 HP. Players rank 50 or above, their rank is reduced by 50% as long as they're in the vicinity of another player who's rank 50 or above, and as soon as they leave each other's radius, their ranks return to normal. Strong players being weaker around other strong players prevents strong players from ganging up and fighting weaker players. Lots of weak players will band together to raid a singular strong player, so this makes strong players bosses. This way there's no NPCs in this game, as the players fulfill the roles of heroes and villains. A player rank 50 or above, when their rank is lowered by being in the presence of another player who's rank 50 or above, their reduced rank does not allow them to form or join a gang. Players rank 50 or above cannot be disarmed. Players rank 50 or above get a flag that they can plant on a dungeon's flag spot, so long as there isn't already a flag planted there. The flag can be destroyed by other players. The benefits of a high-ranked player owning a dungeon, is that they can choose from a selection of traps to protect the dungeon, and they can store extra items in the dungeon's treasure chest. The dungeon also comes fully-equipped with a blacksmithing station, so that the dungeon master can forge weapons, helmets, and torso armors. When a player goes below rank 50, they lose their privilege of having a dungeon-flag.

A player can form a gang, and other players can join this gang by making a pact. A player can only make a pact to one gang at a time. The pact lasts 3 hours, and can be reinstated whenever. Players bound together as a gang, cannot harm each other. A gang can only have 8 players, preventing gangs from becoming too big and too powerful. A player rank 50 or above cannot form or join a gang. When a player in a gang hits rank 50, he's automatically kicked from the gang. The gang leader is the one who owns the flag that when planted, turns an area into your gang's territory. A gang's flag cannot be planted within the radius of another gang's flag. The bonus of having a flag planted in a territory is, that when you're in your gang's flag's radius, all of your stats are increased by 1 point. A rival gang can destroy their enemy gang's flag, and plant their own in its place. This creates the initiative for wars for territorial dominance. A gang's flag cannot be placed in a city.
    Game Graph.jpg

#1 Zogzor, May 29, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  2. Zogzor

Zogzor New Member

I figure to spice this game up, it needs to have some new thing happen every day of the week, so a 7-triangled time-wheel might do the trick, each triangle of course lasting for 24 hours. There is no actual "time-wheels" in the game, as the process is just coding. It looks like the "Size" part of the time-wheel is very big (because this time-wheel is an odd number), but the time-wheel graphs are only for visual representation. Now, not only is Direction, and Place important, but also Time is interwoven carefully into the fabric of the game.
    The Calamity Wheel.jpg

#2 Zogzor, Jun 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
  3. Zogzor

Zogzor New Member

So far I've spent 196$ USD in the cost to make my game.

#3 Zogzor, Jun 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
  4. Zogzor

Zogzor New Member

"By killing players, a player becomes stronger, but when he's near other strong players, he becomes weaker; this serves to create the initiative for stronger players to become lone-wolves, and thus become bosses. Strong players being weaker around strong players also prevents strong players from ganging up and fighting weaker players."
    RankSystem.png

#4 Zogzor, Jul 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
  5. Zogzor

Zogzor New Member

So, I've ordered the game-making process into this set of priorities:
    Main menu
    Account creation & name your character
    Online multiplayer system
    Health bar
    Stat system
    Combat system
    Time-wheels
    Game world
    Inventory system
    Looting system
    Ore system, mining system, smelting system, crafting system
    Weapons, helmets, torso armors, gifting & trading systems
    Equipping & unequipping systems
    Ranking system
    Dungeon system
    Gang system
    Class system
    Chat system
    Put all game files into a single folder & make game into an executable
    Upload game to Steam

#5 Zogzor, Jul 4, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  6. Zogzor

Zogzor New Member

Here's a graph that explains the crafting system:
    Crafting System.jpg

7. Zogzor

Zogzor New Member

The cost estimate for this game's completion is 31,000$ USD.

#7 Zogzor, Jul 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  8. Zogzor

Zogzor New Member

Checkout the new design for the game's dungeons' layout:
    Dungeon Layout.png

9. Zogzor

Zogzor New Member

Here's the game's world map:
    World Map.jpg

10. Moonrockoundworks

Moonrockoundworks New Member

Do you have any orignal gameplay/menu soundtracks?

11. shamu

shamu New Member

Warpath is a strategy game first published by Lilith Games and now brought to you by Wondergames. BlueStacks app player is the best platform to play this Android game on your PC or Mac for an immersive gaming experience.