War World - Demo out Now!

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by JArt, Feb 14, 2006.

1. JArt

Original Member

You can download the demo here

Check out the Community Forums at www.warworld.net for battle tactics, news, etc etc

Screenshot from the game

War World Mech Wallpaper

Happy Fragging :)

Here is the full press release:

Haarlem, The Netherlands, February 14th:

Publisher Lighthouse Interactive and Australian developer Third Wave Games today announced that a playable demo for their soon to be released mech shooter ‘War World: Tactical Combat’ is now available. War World is a pure adrenaline rush, featuring mechanized warriors battling head to head in a unique combination of all-out action and active strategy - one that will especially please online players.

The War World demo features one mech, one map, all available weapons and the gamemodes Deathmatch in single- & multiplayer and Team Deathmatch in multiplayer (both on LAN & online).

The 103 MB demo can be downloaded here. Join the frenzy as soon as you can !

The full game is scheduled to hit the shelves next week in the UK, Benelux and France. Germany, other European territories are to follow in early March.

You will also be able to buy and download the full game from www.warworld.net

About War World: Tactical Combat

War World is a planet wide arena dedicated to the art of war. This is the chosen battleground where powerful Mechanized Warriors compete in savage battles to settle age old conflicts. War World features intense combat with 50 different weapons systems from long-range missiles and mortars, through to the brutal, close-action mini gun. More than just brute force, players will need to utilize a wide range of electronic weapons systems, countermeasures, and advanced surveillance technologies to win the battle. War World, it’s the Ultimate Combat experience!

Game Features (Full Version):

• Take control of a lightning fast and seriously deadly combat mech
    • Win battles, earn credits and upgrade your combat mech from 6 different mech classes and over 50 powerful weapon systems with loads of upgrades!
    • Up to 9 upgrades for each weapon – missiles, mini-guns, mortars, lasers, mine- launchers and shields
    • Custom-based – player created game elements
    • Smooth control system combining the best of 1st and 3rd person games
    • 100 level singleplayer campaign in 6 difficulty settings
    • Fast paced and ultra smooth multiplayer action both online and via LAN
    • 4 game modes in both single- and multiplayer

About Third Wave Games

Third Wave Games is a game developer founded by several industry veterans with years of experience in managing the production of high quality computer games. The company is based in Melbourne, Australia. Its team members have worked on several multi-million selling console titles before bundling forces and forming Third Wave Games. The company works closely with publishers to develop well-crafted, entertaining and commercially successful games on time and on budget. Its first project is War World: Tactical Combat. Find out more about Third Wave Games at: www.thirdwavegames.com.

About Lighthouse Interactive

Lighthouse Interactive is a fast growing publisher of interactive entertainment with offices in Haarlem, The Netherlands and Montreal, Canada. Lighthouse’s titles include the critically acclaimed adventure title “Keepsake†and the highly anticipated 4x space strategy game, “Sword of the Starsâ€. Staffed with industry veterans and with offices in key locations around the world, Lighthouse is a strong alternative for developers looking to bring their products to a worldwide audience. Find our more about Lighthouse Interactive at www.lighthouse-interactive.com.

For more information contact our PR Department at this address.

2. Anlino

Original Member

Looks nice - i'll download the demo as soon as i get home.

3. RohoMech

Original Member

sweeet, I just love breaking stuff...with big robots!
    looks awesome

4. Jay_Kyburz

Original Member

Hey JArt, are you from Third Wave?

5. JArt

Original Member

Jay_kyburz -> Yes I am involved in the project, why?

6. AVataRR

Original Member

OMG KEWL! AN AUSTRALIAN DEVELOPER! Do you know if they're ... hrmm.. Amsterdam... when did that city move to the Southern Hemisphere? Still game looks very good. I wish they'd release it to the rest of the world already. I mean the buy page says check back in Feb and now it's the middle of the month.

7. JArt

Original Member

Avatarr -> The developer Third Wave Games is located in Melbourne Australia. Check out www.thirdwavegames.com

Its the publisher that is located in Holland :)

It will be possible to buy the game in a couple of days time either from www.warworld.net or in retail. February is not over yet ;)