Video Game Music Channel - we want your game music

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by theshadowfan, Feb 25, 2007.

1. theshadowfan

Original Member

I'm working on a video game music channel and I would like to include independently made video game music on this multimedia channel. Users will only stream the music, not download it. The channel will be launched as part of www.StuffWeLike.com.

The entire website is being revamped for this event. We are planning on launching the new version later today. So please email me at davidrodriguez@stuffwelike.com if you are interested. I need the music to be in mp3 format.

[Update]

As you may notice from the player on the website, we've got more than just video game music. We've also now have a show dedicated to showing video trailers of indie games. Please submit any trailers that you have.

Also know that if you run a website or blog, this multimedia player can be placed onto it! The player allows users to stream, not download, both video and audio. The player can be added onto anyone's website for free and by inserting only one line of code. StuffWeLike.com uploads the player's content and it is automatically received by the player on your website. Right now we're focusing on video game and movie related content. If you're interested in using the player on your website please email me at davidrodriguez@stuffwelike.com.

#1 theshadowfan, Feb 25, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2007
  2. theshadowfan

Original Member

The latest version of StuffWeLike.com is now online! So again if you'd like your music on this website please let me know.

3. theshadowfan

Original Member

Just so everyone knows Wadjet Eye Games and United Minds Games have both agreed to have their music on the Video Game Music Channel. The Blackwell Legacy, The Shivah, and Space Renegades: The Series are currently available on the player.

As I said we're looking for anyone and everyone! :cool:

4. theshadowfan

Original Member

We had an issue with the player that limited the amount of music that was appearing and it has now been fixed. We now have 90+ tracks of video game music! Make sure to add your game's music as well! :D

Also know that if you run a website or blog, this multimedia player can be placed onto it! The player allows users to stream, not download, both video and audio. The player can be added onto anyone's website for free and by inserting only one line of code. StuffWeLike.com uploads the player's content and it is automatically received by the player on your website. Right now we're focusing on video game and movie related content. If you're interested in using the player on your website please email me at davidrodriguez@stuffwelike.com

5. soniCron

Indie Author

Unless I missed it, the player really needs a scrollable playlist, random, etc. Additionally, the minimize/expand thing doesn't work -- there's no way to get it back once it's been minimized! :) (Windows Firefox 1.5)

6. theshadowfan

Original Member

I was working on that minimize/expand link as you were visiting the site. It has been moved. :p

Yeah right now there's no playlist. I think I might create a name list of all the content in the shows for right now. I hope that you did at least click on the Guide button to view all of the shows. :confused:

7. theshadowfan

Original Member

We were given permission by The Fatman himself to be able to include The 7th Guest soundtrack in the Video Game Music Channel! For those of you who don't know what this fantastic game is, check out the developer interview in the Video Interviews section in the multimedia player.

We also surpased 100 tracks of video game music! Sadly we're experiencing technical difficulties and only 13 of those tracks appear. Hopefully this problem will be fixed sometime soon.

8. soniCron

Indie Author

I know this is tragic for you, but it's simultaneously hilarious! :p

9. theshadowfan

Original Member

Yeah it worked for a couple hours after we reached 100, but then it crapped out. ;)