[Unity] Looking for team for sci-fi puzzler

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by Kennedy Graham, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Kennedy Graham

Kennedy Graham New Member

Jul 12, 2016
    "No Vox is a first-person sci-fi roleplaying puzzle-simulation hybrid set in the distant future. The player must repair various machinery and facilities with the items and knowledge at their disposal in order to solve puzzles and progress in the story"

I am an 19 year old (wannabe) game developper, currently working on my first project, No Vox.
    I was originally working with a close friend who designed a good part of what the game is now, most of which isn't written down (sadly), but have been working on the game itself alone for about 6 months.

Not much has come out of that time spent on the project, due to a lack of motivation caused by the scale of the project and the fact that I'm working on it alone.
    I myself have no specializations, having worked on basically every aspect of the game up to now (coding, 2D and 3D art, graphics design, sound design...) and am thus looking for people willing to assist me in this endeavour so that I may finally see it come to fruition.

What I have
    Myself as basically everything, though not exactly 'good' in any aspect.
    This includes basic knowledge of C#, Blender for 3D modeling, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator for graphic design and Audacity and FL Studio for sound and music.

What I need
    (Essentially an entire team)
    - Concept Artist
    current concepts are 3D models, would need proper concepts for larger scenes

- 3D Artist

pretty straightforward, check concepts below for an idea of the art direction I'm going for

- Programmer
    project is currently coded in C#, but Unity also allows Java

- Game Designer
    primarily for assitance with the creation of the game's puzzles, and creation of the game's varying environments

Current concepts/progress
    For the past month or so I've been working on the game's prototype, cosisting of a small station that indirectly teaches the player the game.

As you can see, I'm aiming for a rather simplistic approach to the game's artstyle, mainly due to my inexistant texturing skills, but also because it's an art style that can easily direct the player, rather that distract them with generally unnecessary texture details.
    It'll focus heavily on shader use and lighting effects.

The player's primary tool is the PDA, which is upgradeable and holds every menu of the game.
    The Head's Up Display will be practically non-existant - most if not all of the info needed in-game will be viewable on this device.
    It also serves as the control device for the player's companion robot.

Pipe Wrenches in games are usually used as weapons, but in No Vox, it'll actually serve it's actual purpose.
    This concept was more just a quick model out of boredom more than anything else, to be honest.

Seeing as this is my first ever project, and I don't exactly have a job other than this, payment would be either non-existant (if you're generous that way) or once the game releases.
    I have no other way of paying other than that, as I have no income at the current time.

If you want more info about the project, feel free to ask. I have a rather empty GDD covering the rest of the concepts as well as a handful of other various files relating to the game.

Steam : The One Named Pink
    #1 Kennedy Graham, Jul 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  2. daedalus_9

daedalus_9 New Member

Aug 3, 2016

jack turner New Member

Jul 11, 2016
    Hello Kennedy, I'm a sound designer looking to get involved with some cool projects and I'd love to work on your game! If interested, below is a link to my website that has some sound design demo reels, a game design reel, and a resume. Look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your consideration.

4. Chaotrope

Chaotrope New Member

Aug 10, 2016
    I love this game's concept! It seems very well thought out, and you seem like you have the motivation to see it through to the end.

I'm a composer, if you want, you can check out my portfolio here:

I have a ton of experience in the field, a Bachelors in Music Composition, and I have been composing for over 9 years.