[Unity] Borderlands inspired Weapon Generator

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by gamedevluuk, Jul 23, 2020.

1. gamedevluuk

gamedevluuk New Member

Hi all!

I have been making games for over 10 years. Starting out in the modding scene in Unreal 3, I entered the game industry as a game and level designer and worked on games for publishers like Microsoft, EA Games & Warner Bros. I started my own indie game studio and in 2018 my biggest dream became reality; I was invited to the Nintendo HQ to publish my own game on the Nintendo Switch!

Besides releasing a game for Nintendo I have another dream, one where I can share my love and passion for game development through teaching others.

I am very happy to announce my first series:
    Borderlands inspired Weapon Generator using Unity

[​IMG]

Borderlands is known for their randomized weapons and having a 'gazillion' guns. Do you want your game to have a near endless amount of weapons or just interested in how it works? Let's take a look at how they did it and create a random weapon generator from scratch ourselves in Unity!

Part 1 - Generating the weapon

Part 2 - Statistics, Rarity & UI

Part 3 - Equip, Firing & target health

Part 4 - Drop weapon physics & raycast UI

Very curious to hear what you think.

Have a beautiful day,
    Luuk