Unity 3D or UE4?

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by phumkie, May 12, 2017.

1. phumkie

phumkie New Member

Title says it all, I started playing around with Unity for about a week now (Really want to get into coding), but I don't know if Unity is the best choice for game development. Your opinion would be highly appreciated.

P.S If I have posted this in the wrong forum, please tell me and tell me how I can move it, thanks a bunch!

2. 3ph0r

hey

its really down to person preference. yes they both differ slightly and both has pros and cons.
    as you want to get into coding then just take into account that unity uses C# and UE4 uses C++ and logic bricks.

i love both engines but i think UE4 is the better choice for me as it seems to offer better templates out of the box for quicker prototyping. Thats only my opinion though!

hope that helps? :)

3. Ankit Gupta

Ankit Gupta New Member

Both are more or less equally good! Its like deciding between a PS4 and an Xbox1 :p. Both are among the most efficient and popular game engines. Its really a choice of preference.

Still below are few of the minor differences

UE has somewhat the UI of a professional tool whereas Unity has kept its simpler to attract people new to game dev.

The default shaders in UE are said to be better but again shaders are too advanced stuff, also when you know a shader is not good and which one; you can definitely write your own by then!

Unity has better support for building for other platforms (android, ios etc)