U:TI - Low Poly Survival RPG

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Mihai Smeu Mare, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Mihai Smeu Mare

Mihai Smeu Mare New Member

Hello everyone!

Me and a couple of friends have started to work on a survival RPG a couple of months ago.
    Our aim is to deliver a low poly / toonish game with survival, rpg and crafting systems.

The game will have:

-A detailed story mode with various choices and endings
    -Several sandbox survival modes, where you need to survive in various scenarios. Most of them will be realistic scenarios but we also aim to deliver some zombie and post apocalyptic scenarios.
    -Co-Op - You will be able to play the game with a friend, either via lan, or via split screen.

These are the main features of the game. At the moment we are in the concept phase. And we would like some feedback about our "art" design.

Here is a small "trailer" of our upcoming free demo we plan to release at the end of this summer:

And here is a short video with our current Main Menu:

Any feedback is welcomed!

Thank you all in advance!

Cheers,
    Mike

Scraulac likes this.
  2. Mihai Smeu Mare

A short video with our crafting system:

Scraulac likes this.
  3. Mihai Smeu Mare

We pieced together a small video with :
    -Our current crafting system
    -Chopping some wood
    -our save system
    -our menu
    -our current movement

4. Mihai Smeu Mare

We had a rough week at work and a small "escape from the city" for the weekend so we couldn't do much.

But we managed to start implementing a hot air balloon, in order to be able to reach our island.

5. Jed Crouch

Jed Crouch New Member

The trailer music; although it is good, it doesn't seem suitable for the game.

6. Mihai Smeu Mare

I agree with you. There is not that much work put in to videos, and especially sounds. Even though, sound is a critical part of any game.

But, I can code, I can model stuff and animate, but I am quite potato when it comes to making music. So, I scavenge whatever free music I can find at the moment. :D

7. Mihai Smeu Mare

We added some control to the balloon.
    The player can ascend/descend the balloon in order to be moved in different directions by the wind currents.

8. Jed Crouch

Jed Crouch New Member

Oh okay! I thought maybe you had a composer already or something. You should look for one -- there are loads of talented composers here looking for a place to start :)

The last upload is great by the way! looks like the game is really coming along nicely.

9. Rize of the Summonds

I agree. For the next trailer, definitely integrate a better soundtrack. The music actually makes the trailer boring. Also, use better words to excite the viewer. I really hope that you consider this to be an "Environment Trailer" showcasing a quick walkthrough of your levels. Definitely consider your next trailer to be "Gameplay Trailer" because I have no idea what game mechanics you have integrated into the game.

Don't be discouraged, this game could be a cool game. It's just that I don't personally know the coolness because th e message is not conveyed in your trailers or even gifs.

10. Mihai Smeu Mare

Hmm, good points! :D
    The game is not cool yet :(

But it will be, sometimes, soon I hope.
    Thanks for the feedback! :D

11. Mihai Smeu Mare

We've made some small changes to our design.

12. Mihai Smeu Mare

A new trailer about our project: