translation service offer

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Slayerizer, May 29, 2006.

1. Slayerizer

Original Member

If you want to reach more buyers without recoding your game or application, I suggest you to head to my web site. I'm now offering a cheap translation service.

just head up to my website:
    Woxxom

there is a bit market awaiting..

Basically I would charge around 20$ for in-game text or a small software translation.

thanks

2. Phil Steinmeyer

Original Member

You need more info than that:

What languages do you specialize in? Point to some example work/references...

3. bard

Original Member

This thread had a lot of great advice for a start-up service.

#3 bard, May 29, 2006
    Last edited: May 30, 2006
  4. Artinum

Original Member

Slayerizer - two things you need to consider for your website (which is looking a lot better than my first one did!) are:

1. Give as much detail as you can. Don't just say "costs around $20" or something - give a sliding scale based on the amount of work, an idea of how long it takes, what you need to work on and so on. In particular, you MUST specify what languages you can translate, and you should explain to what level and how you know them. List them on the front page and in your press releases! Don't just say "Translation Service" because this implies you can translate anything - and sells nothing. I had to click around to find out.

2. Getting paid is possibly the most important part of your business, and the hardest part of any business is convincing people to give you money. Try to make this as painless as you can - give details about how you can accept payment and a clear idea of how much an estimate is likely to be. Accept payment by several means if you can - that way if one method doesn't support your customer's country, another one might.

Another suggestion for you is to try and form some links with other translators. If you can translate English-French, and someone wants translations into French, German and Italian, you could get some mutual business going by knowing some German/Italian speakers.

Good luck with it!

#4 Artinum, May 30, 2006
    Last edited: May 31, 2006
  5. Eugen

Original Member

I understand, that due to this translations, designer would sell more copies. Maybe polish market is not so valuably, but Victory Games crew would translate games into polish free of charge. We would like just to promote such games in Poland.

6. Slayerizer

Original Member

thanks for the recommendations..
    I have updated my website and I have adjusted the price..

feel free to try!!!!!

:D

There is still room left for improvements but it's already better.