TorqueX Engine Website!

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Spindle, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Spindle

Spindle New Member

Hey indies,

I am Matthew "Spindle" Harris. Long time lurker few time poster. I created a website for the up and coming TorqueX Engine from Garage Games. I am not an employee of garagegames, just a long time member. The site is http://www.torquexengine.com/ I would like feedback and suggestions for the site. I intend to have this a place where people can possibly submit news, their games/information about what they are developing and also have tutorials to get you up and running with TorqueX and XNA. Afterall there are a ton of XNA sites, why not have one for TorqueX! Thanks for your time. ;)

2. Sharpfish

Original Member

Suggestions: Add some content.

3. esrix

Original Member

Agreed. What you have is a promotional blog. For submitting news and feedback, you would probably be better off looking at Digg.com as an example.

It's also been my experience that most blogs do not have specific sections to the website. You may be able to classify blog posts, but there's nothing that says "This particular page is about the TorqueX Engine" or "Post development issues here!" It would be best for you to have a real website with a script-maintained database behind it. Or even a simple forum like this one dedicated to talking about TorqueX technology.

Hope this helps you out. Good luck with the site.

4. Spindle

Spindle New Member

I was thinking about a forum but hesitant to have a one because of licensing issues between the TorqueX (binary version) and TorqueX Pro (binary + source version). I wouldn't want someone who has the Pro version to post about his or her problem pasting a snippet of source to the public. I do plan on having tutorials, how I will organize that is still up in the air. Thanks for your guys input.

5. Game Producer

Moderator Original Member

Well, here's some suggestions
    - Explain what TorqueX is (think about somebody who has never heard about the product. Don't even think about having "link to product page" but tell in your own words what the thing is all about, who can use it and how it benefits users)
    - Change colors. That green is way too bright for my eyes. I would need to wear sunglasses to be able to read the text ;)
    - And then... start adding more content. Everything related to TorqueX (news, hints, tips, interviews, technology explanation etc. etc.)

There's something to start with.

6. Spindle

Spindle New Member

The colors were that bright green because of the xbox360, what colors do you recommend?

7. Game Producer

Moderator Original Member

8. dxgame

Original Member

ugh... I expected more than just a blog. I expected developer tips, forum, how to's, etc, etc. I can get all this info at the official site so I currently see no reason to visit this site in it's current content form.

9. Spindle

Spindle New Member

TorqueX doesn't launch until December 11 so you won't find tips yet about TorqueX. Also i haven't implemented forums yet but may do so. The problem I fear as mentioned above is licensing issues with source code for those that have the Pro version of TorqueX displaying it to the public. Come Monday it will definitely be populated with more TorqueX information.