To the Moon + wip trailer

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Reives Freebird, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Reives Freebird

Reives Freebird New Member

Hiya everyone~ After 5 years of making free games, composing soundtracks, and daydreaming about being able to say that I am nearing the completion of my first indie commercial game. . .

I am nearing the completion of my first indie commercial game. c':

[​IMG]

http://www.freebirdgames.com/to_the_moon/

To the Moon is a RPG/adventure game about two doctors traversing through a dying man's memory in reverse, in order to fulfill his last wish.

[​IMG] [Sci-fi / Psychological / Romance / Stuff]

It's about 2-3 months before its release, so I'm on the verge of starting its marketing campaign (perhaps a bit late already). I wasn't sure if leaking its WIP trailer release was a good idea, but seeing that Dave did it, I suppose it wouldn't hurt!

Other than at my own forum's private section, this is the only place I've released this version of it at so far; so I hope you can all take it as a confession of my utmost undying love for each and every one of you, despite my lurkiness.

Trailer (pre-release version):
    http://www.freebirdgames.com/to_the_moon/TtM_Trailer_pre-release.zip
    (^It's in game file format rather than movie format atm.)

Many thanks for your time! Any advices/feedback/suggestions on it and its webpage's presentation would be much appreciated.

--------------------
    A few screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 Reives Freebird, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  2. Indinera

Moderator Indie Author

It's very pretty, congrats! ^^

3. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Nice, very different from the classic/standard RPGMaker games :)

4. DaveGilbert

Indie Author

I got a "website is currently unavailable" error. :(

5. Reives Freebird

Thanks guys. I hope it'll be able to deliver more than just visuals. c: *fingers crossed* And aye, the site was down for a bit earlier; got it sorted out now. Do you guys recommend any particular hosting company? I'm using Bluehost right now, and have been having a bit of trouble (they're still pretty great though, especially with customer service.)

6. Indinera

Moderator Indie Author

I have Hostmonsters, good so far.

7. Jack Norton

Indie Author

If you go with a shared server hostmonster / hostgator / dreamhost are the best ones IMHO.

8. DaveGilbert

Indie Author

Hi Reives. I just checked this out. Very intriguing! Definitely makes me curious to play the full game. If I have any critique, it's that it could probably be shortened a bit. All that stuff about "artwork by" and "music by" isn't really necessary for a trailer, and just bogs it down. But other than that, consider me interested!

9. Reives Freebird

Ah, thanks for the info Indi & Jack. I checked out the companies, and it seems like Bluehost is directly connected to them. After sorting out some bugs on a forum script, everything seems to be okay with the hosting now. :D

And thanks for the feedback Dave! Hm, it does seem to drag a bit. I ended up rewriting the music there to make it finish faster, shaving off 10 seconds or so. The final version will also have a lyrical vocal track over the current orchestral stuff at that point, so I think that's gonna speed up the experience there.

Whew, so much hardcore work in the past week. o: Making great progress, though!
    Hoping to release a final version of the trailer in about a week. Laura Shigihara (Plants vs. Zombies) is kindly singing the vocals for it.

10. Digital Entanglement

Looks like it has the potential to be pretty deep, will it be ready for review soon? One of the only RPG Maker games I would consider doing a review on ;)

Edit: Decided to write a piece on it, here you go :)

#10 Digital Entanglement, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  11. Indinera

Moderator Indie Author

The first paragraph adds nothing to the article (in fact detracts from it).
    The game is pretty and the storyline is novel, so good luck Freebird. :)

12. Reives Freebird

Thanks for the coverage Entangle, I do appreciate it. It will be out sometimes in October or so, although a preview copy for the press may be released prior to that. And thank you, Indi!

13. LiquidShock

LiquidShock New Member

Look pretty nice. I cant wait until it is released I'll have to give it a try.

14. ragortue

ragortue New Member

Does anyone know if this was ever released? Or is this still pending? [​IMG]

15. bluebirdplays

bluebirdplays New Member