Timmy's Misadventures

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Deadbyte, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Deadbyte

Deadbyte New Member

Hello everyone,
    I would like to introduce a project i started for fun.

Overview:

A journey trough Timmy's unlucky dreams.
    Your job is to help Timmy survive his own dreams full of traps and weirdnesses..

[​IMG]

Gameplay:

A 2d sidescrolling platformer,inspired by game like cat mario and the unfair platformer.

[​IMG]

At the moment i have only the 1st level done,the plan is to create 6 different world with 4 level each.

A demo of the 1st level can be played here:
    http://gamejolt.com/games/platformer/timmy-s-misadventures-demo/43886/

Any advice or suggestion would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. TimS

Original Member

Holy frustration!

I'd suggest scrapping the joke menu... tightening up the physics a bit for the controls. (a bit more control in flight maybe?)

Also pleaaase don't start the music over on reset. It's very jarring listening to that first few seconds over and over (presumably, the player will die. A lot.)

Also no real good reason to have "R" reset when all of the gameplay sits on the arrow keys. "UP" or "Any Key" would do just as well and not involve two hands / moving your hand off the arrows.

3. Sade

Sade New Member

I didn't even bother after that stupid play button thing.
    A whimsical game is fun, but keep that in the game. The menu is a place for serious thoughts.
    Seriously though, it's fine to use it as a gimmick or game mechanic, but don't just throw it in there just because you can.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, so I did bother and noticed it's one of those 'brutal' games.
    The game will probably be popular as soon as a youtube reviewer gets his hands on it.
    It's not for me though...