TIGRS 3.0 Launches; Gorgeous New Design! Rate your games today!

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by soniCron, Mar 13, 2007.

1. electronicStar

Original Member

The TIGRS logo is rating the game ,not the website. If the develloper chooses to sell it next to the word "bastards" it's just a case of bad marketing but it has no influence on the game's rating itself.

That said I'm favorable to the idea of rating board as was proposed on this thread.

2. soniCron

Indie Author

Few notes:
    • I'm exploring several different options for the "TIGRS Verified" label. At the moment, community-driven organizations I've designed -- while they serve to work out the bugs -- offer no accountability. (See "web of trust.") For now, it looks like games might have to be reviewed by volunteers or for a small fee. (Gameplay videos, similar to ESRB's modus operandi.) I'll let you guys know when I've come up with something suitable.
    • I already have a self-verifying rating generator sitting on my hard drive. It "suggests" age ratings based on selected descriptors and disables age ratings based on more severe descriptors. I'll be rolling this out with a few new descriptors and features when they're complete.
    • Dispite Troy's assertion that TIGRS is useless, this is a good example of the self-regulation I expected with TIGRS. People complained and the rating was changed, and voluntarily by the developer, no less. Additionally, future improvements in the system will allow me to directly invoke "the hand of god" and withdraw or modify ratings based on customer complaint and observation.
    Are there any other features you guys would like to see in the future?

3. GolfHacker

GolfHacker Member

Thanks for addressing these concerns, soniCron.

"Self-regulation", as you call it, worked in this case because the developer is active in these forums, and that allowed other developers to point out the problem. I'm not sure that will work in the case of a developer who isn't active here, who happens to come across the TIGRS site and use it. Is there some way you can track who is using the rating logos? Perhaps if someone had to sign up for a login account to use the service first, or otherwise submit some kind of information (web site, e-mail address) that could be tracked. Then someone (yourself, volunteers, or some paid third-party) could follow up.

4. soniCron

Indie Author

Such a system is in the works. Thanks for all your feedback, Troy! :)

5. rmedtx

rmedtx New Member

I'm going to use this rating system for sure.

6. Pyabo

Original Member

Perhaps this is contrary to some of the original idea behind TIGRS, but another possibility is keep the copyright for the images rather than just an open license. (maybe you're already doing that, I forget) That way if someone is abusing the system you can send them a cease-and-desist.

7. soniCron

Indie Author

Yes, that is exactly how control of TIGRS is retained. Nevertheless, thanks for your suggestion! :)