Thought I'd introduce myself

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by supershigi, Nov 27, 2009.

1. supershigi

supershigi New Member

Hello everyone... I signed up here a while ago, but for some reason I haven't been able to post for months... Thought I'd give it another go today ^_^

My name is Laura Shigihara, I've been working for the past 4-5 years as an indie video game composer and sound designer. My most recent work was the soundtrack for the game Plants vs. Zombies. In my spare time I've also been working on my own game, a melodic rpg called Melolune.

I've been playing games since the days of the NES. Some of my all-time favorite games: Chrono Trigger, the original Megaman series (especially 2-5), Starcraft, Secret of Mana, Yoshi's Island, Street Fighter II, Star Tropics... and many more. I'm also a big fan of video game music.

Anyways, it's nice to meet you all!

2. zoombapup

Moderator Original Member

Laura, its probably because of the anti-spammer measures in place. You will need to post more before your posts show up automatically.

3. Maupin

Original Member

Welcome to the forums. I really enjoyed the Japanese (and English) version of the Plants vs. Zombies song.

Melolune looks interesting but sounds amazing!!

4. whisperstorm

Original Member

I'm in awe of your voice and musical talents! You should do more voice work for games!

5. supershigi

supershigi New Member

@zoom: Ah, thank-you for letting me know! At first I was afraid that I had done something wrong when I registered :p

@Maupin: Thank-you for the welcome, and I'm glad that you liked the music ^_^ Do you have any recommendations for me about what's good to do here at the forums?

@whisperstorm: Aw, thank-you! I've been thinking about doing more voice work for games. I actually have a lot of fun working on those sorts of things!

6. Maupin

Original Member

Nope, just read a lot of messages so that you know who's who and ignore those of us who don't know what we're talking about but blather on anyway.

I'm looking forward to trying out Melolune whenever I get some free time...