This spells doom for large studios

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Bram, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Bram

Indie Author Greenlit

I just saw the trailer of Intrusion2, and it blew my mind.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BJZAzNKZBew
    Monsters that eat the freaking building that the player is walking in! Damn that's brutal.

It seems to be a one-man production.
    Whoa... if a single guy can create something like that, those large AAA studios with million dollar burn rates are in trouble.

This is going to be the decade of indie game development. Notch has shown the way, and now the floodgates are open. If I had Zynga or EA stock, I would sell it. One-man masterpieces is where it is at. Sorry for the hyperbole, but I'm super impressed.

2. Nutter2000

Original Member Indie Author

Wow! Nice physics engine (how's that for a geek statement ;))

3. lok32

lok32 New Member

This game looks really cool, quite nostalgic to for metal slug fans and older arcade gamers.

4. Kezip

Kezip New Member

This looks awesome; I shall have to give it a try in the future. That must have been a mother-load to make. It's a shame so few people are willing to give games like this a chance.

5. lok32

lok32 New Member

Has it been released for sale yet?

6. igamedev

igamedev New Member

And it was coded in Flash. ;)

7. Pallav Nawani

Indie Author

The game looks great, but I don't think large studios have anything to worry from indie sidescrollers... One-man masterpieces is certainly where it's NOT at. I'd wager that 90% of the successful indie games are made by 3 to 10 people teams.

8. bantamcitygames

Administrator Original Member Indie Author Greenlit

That... looks... AWESOME!!!!!!!