The weirdest game ideas

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by zoombapup, Jan 23, 2010.

1. zoombapup

Moderator Original Member

So, I occasionally find games that really offer a unique viewpoint on game design. I also occasionally find one that tackles a subject that both feels alien and yet compelling.

Here's an example of a game from japan. Can you tell what its about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4_7goH48i4

Yep, amazing huh? Imagine a game like this happening in the west? No, neither can I.

Have any of you guys seen any really unusual game design concepts that really made you scratch your head or gasp in amazement?

2. CasualInsider

CasualInsider New Member

3. jrjellybeans

jrjellybeans New Member

That is... bizarre.

I've got to get my ass down to Japan one of these days...

4. Maupin

Original Member

The goal looks to be causing the most amount of damage by flipping out under the stress of various situations. (Tea with family, wedding, office, etc.)

5. m3xican

m3xican New Member

Speaking of weird indie games... Dark Room Sex Game is still on top of my list ;)

6. lakibuk

Indie Author

7. trinistry

trinistry New Member

http://www.kloonigames.com/blog/games/4mins33secs

in "4 minutes 33 seconds of uniqueness" all you see is a black and white progressbar that counts down. The game connects to a server to check if there are other players actually playing. You win the game if you are 4 minutes and 33 seconds the only one on earth playing this game. Its from kloonigames who made Crayon Physics.

Btw: Noby Noby Boy looks great :D

8. Deva

Deva New Member

From the everyday wear and tear and abuse it could potentially take, I can see that "table controller" needing bit of maintenance from time to time. That said, I wonder if overturning tables is a common real-life occurrence in Japan. And if not, it should be. :)

9. Cevo70

Cevo70 New Member

I want to play. Great stress reliever. Kind of walks a "domestic abuse" line though maybe...lol.

10. Xathia Vastar

Xathia Vastar New Member

The Japanese are famous for coming up with the most crazy and obscure games. That's why I love playing Japanese games because they are different and tend to be very creative :)

11. Qitsune

Qitsune New Member

12. trinistry

trinistry New Member

And this one for the wii: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZeZLQ8G_pQ

Bonsai Barber (kind of ... creating haircuts for vegetables :D)

13. gengyaku

gengyaku New Member

Considering the perfection they strive for in any social interaction I can see how this is a common sentiment

I don't mean to offend just amuse :

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/superpiipii.html?cpg=70H

this tops it all. Considering their target demographic is female and it sold well. It debuted at arcades ... just Japanese inasanity.

14. m3xican

m3xican New Member

new one on GT: Cho Aniki 0: Muscle Brothers :D

Anyway, I don't get how people in Japan could play dating or tram simulators... I can only think their concept of "game" is different from mine, that's all.