The J Force Video Documentaries- Road to $100,000

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by J Fizzle, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Desktop Gaming

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

2. Sybixsus

Original Member

Quite a video. You must have got through an entire box of Kleenex.

3. Nexic

Indie Author

So how long has it taken your team of 5 people to make a guy walk around the screen?

You aren't going to make $100k doing lame videos intended to insult indiegamer veterans.

#23 Nexic, Jun 27, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  4. Reactor

By the definition of studio, it is. But I agree, it is the kind of studio you see pop up on the Blitz forums ;)

5. DanMarshall

Original Member

Amazing!

And to think you could have spent that time making your game!

6. Applewood

When did this happen ?

I'm sure this was the intent, but it seems to me to be a place for people to ask for feedback on their first ever asteroids game.

The quality is dropping with the number of people present, I think. This'd hardly be the first board to see that, but I do think the mods should nip it in the bud quickly.

7. Mattias Gustavsson

Original Member

my point exactly. There's already plenty of community sites where people can get feedback on their first attempts at making a game and such things. I for one would like it if this place had a different focus... like it used to do...

8. Cartman

Indie Author

I hear the giggling. I saw the goofy video. My only question was where are they hiding the pot? :)

9. J Fizzle

J Fizzle New Member

#29 J Fizzle, Jun 28, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  10. Backov

Original Member

Yay, somebody noticed us!

11. Nexic

Indie Author

Since you didn't answer my question, I guess my suspicions are correct and it's taken you the entire 3 months since we last heard from you to make that little prototype, with artwork that can only be described as placeholder. That's 15 man months wasted. In the same timeframe I (and most members here) could have easily finished 1-3 commercial titles.

If you're at all serious about 'proving us all wrong' you need to step up your game.

#31 Nexic, Jun 28, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  12. Matt2East

Original Member

This is God level trolling.

13. Applewood

Yeah, a mute button would be good. I still fall for thinking certain flaky people might make a useful post then end up wasting my time.

14. AlexWeldon

AlexWeldon New Member

The game still looks like poop... even I've made better progress on my game in that time, working alone, and learning as I go. However, JFizzle does indeed seem to be the marketing genius he claims... there's no such thing as bad publicity, and this now has to be the most eagerly anticipated failure in the history of indie gaming.

Imagine if all the screenshots and prototypes shown in the video were just a smokescreen and that secretly, behind the scenes, they actually WERE making the best indie game ever and six months from now it dropped and to all our shock and horror it rocked... well, then this would also be the best viral marketing campaign ever.

Either way, I hope he finishes the game so that this drawn out joke has a punch line of some sort, be it on him or on us. At this point, if he gave up and slunk off quietly, it would be very disappointing for everyone.

15. Applewood

Shssshh!.... Now you've floated that one, he'll probably be claiming to be working to this paradigm all along.

It's not gonna work tho, I won't be looking at it regardless.

16. Mattias Gustavsson

Original Member

Maybe not, but there's definitely the thing of alienating yourself from a community, and that can cause serious backlash...

But really, is this not just noise? Does it really have anything to do with what this place is all about?

17. Speckled Jim

Original Member

18. princec

Indie Author

19. ionside

ionside New Member

Well, It looks like these guys are having fun and whether they do finish the game or not they'll gain some kind of experience from it all. They have a lot of people's attention now (both negative and positive) which is obviously what they set out to do.
    Can't say I'll be following closely, in fact will most likely forget about them once I press send on this post. But the vid was some light entertainment.

Good luck to 'em.

20. JoshuaSmyth

Original Member

I dunno, I thought it was kinda entertaining...

However, I'll only be laying down my money if the game's any good. Which will only be revealed in due time. (Probably a couple of years.)