The J Force Video Documentaries- Road to $100,000

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by J Fizzle, Jun 26, 2008.

1. J Fizzle

J Fizzle New Member

2. Devman115

Devman115 New Member

The arrogance meter just hit the highest point on the bar. The thing that angered me the most, is that you completely ignored the good advice from the people here who have actually completed several games, and just threw their words back at their faces. In fact, I think the whole point of this post is simply to troll this forum. I can not believe you had the courage to do that thing with the quotes in the beginning. Your really not an indie team, because indie teams are professional. Something that your not.

-Summer Glau
    (+10 for whoever gets this)

3. Maupin

Original Member

Previously you decided to complete a small game to get the experience necessary to finish your dream game. Is that idea now out the window? I hope not.

After watching the video it seems you're the one most interested in making a game, whereas the other members of your team... not so much.

Anyway, I wish you guys luck.

4. lakibuk

Indie Author

Heh heh, that was not too unfunny. Nice to see your committed team.

5. J Fizzle

J Fizzle New Member

Yeah, we still plan to release a small game first, but it's basically just a prototype of the main game. Everybody prototypes their games, and that's what we're doing here. Except this prototype will actually be complete. So, I'm considering this the prototyping phase. I want it to be known that this "best game ever" is our very first game.

6. Reactor

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

I laughed. I liked the part where you said, "People are asking what makes us special." and then there was a large cut in the video ;) It's pretty obvious your game *cough*... I mean, prototype is going to rank pretty high on the lameo meter, but I'm looking forward to playing it all the same.

Bring on teh bestest game evar!

7. Mattias Gustavsson

Original Member

Amusing as it is, is this really the sort of stuff we want on indiegamer? While there's still a lot of good things posted here, this sort of things really lowers the quality, and I think it wouldn't hurt to try and bring the focus back to professional indie development.

That's what sets this board apart: focusing on the business of indie games...

There's plenty of other places where wannabes with big dreams can boost their egos; do we really need indiegamer to turn into one of them? :rolleyes:

8. Reactor

That's a good point, actually. This is more suited to Gamedev's lounge, especially considering the Announcements forum hasn't been designed for people's basic website updates.

9. lakibuk

Indie Author

True. TIGSource would be a better place. They are more on the fun side of indie dev. vs Indiegamer which is more on the money making side. At least at the trying-to-make-money side. :)

10. DadTimesTwo

Original Member

ugh... :rolleyes: too goofy to take seriously.

11. Desktop Gaming

I feel sincerely embarrassed for you.

Seems you're the only one who's taking it anywhere near seriously. You're doing the talking while everybody else sits sniggering in the background.

I'd be seriously worried if I was going to make a game, and all my 'team' was lounging around on the sofa watching TV. The artist guy couldn't even be arsed to speak properly!

I'm not even sure if this was supposed to be serious or not. But it just made me cringe.

12. Matt2East

Original Member

Do you guys have a tech demo done?

13. Christian

Original Member

IF you have never done a game before and you still going to try a very ambitious project, but you have some knowledge at least, and you have a team, then even though you dont meet your espectations you are going to learn a lot. Still, think hardly, if you are going to invest your time, and other peoples time, knowledge and effort for several months, it would be best to "try the waters" instead of jumping in to win the olympics in the first try, meaning, dont be so ambitious, do something you want to do, but not something that will take an experienced and numerous team with lots of budget. You want to develop games, you can do it, but do it smarter, make things that are at your reach, dont try to make things harder for you. I wish good luck.

14. Mattias Gustavsson

Original Member

Uh... I don't think these guys are looking for advice...

15. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Well thanks to the video I understood what the "J" stays for. Jester :D

Seriously. Stop posting useless autoproduced documentaries and start to post some screenshots of your next game. Or go to gamedev/TIGsource ;)

16. cliffski

Moderator Original Member

this isn't a game studio, its either a viral marketing campaign, or a joke, or an attempt to build PR interest in a totally different game.
    This is not for real.
    Surely?

17. Desktop Gaming

I think we're all agreed there.
    Marketing what? Camcorders? College life? Personal hygiene awareness?
    In what context?
    It might have helped if they'd mentioned it, then.
    If I was forming my opinion out of blind ignorance, I'd agree. But I've hung out on Blitzbasic.com for way too long. People have been declaring themselves "CEO of non-existent Company X" and building teams consisting of people with nothing better to do, for years.

They normally disappear very, very quickly, along with their MMORPROMMROGPRMRPG that's allegedly going to take over the world.

18. cliffski

19. Desktop Gaming

20. cliffski