The Grid Down team could use YOUR help! [Unpaid]

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by JumpCheck Community Mgt, Feb 7, 2017.

1. jacobleaney

jacobleaney New Member

If you still require voice actors, just PM me or send an email! 25 year old Australian male here :)

jacobleaney@gmail.com

2. JumpCheck Community Mgt

Emailed and PM'd all interested individuals :)

We just got a new 2D Concept Artist in this week, with possibly another one on the way!

Looking for more interested individuals. Especially 3D modelers that can do vehicle models! :)

3. JumpCheck Community Mgt

Got another writer in this week! Getting close to fully staffed on writing. If you're looking to join on, make the move soon [​IMG]

We're looking for some UI / UX Designers. We've got the basics in there, but the UI / UX could really use some love.

Also looking for 3D modelers that can do vehicles or are interested in building buildings.

4. JumpCheck Community Mgt

All replies sent out :)

We're looking for some UI / UX Designers. We've got the basics in there, but the UI / UX could really use some love.

5. amish110

amish110 New Member

Yeah, there are something new and unique and fresh that you've never seen before.

6. jppeer123

jppeer123 New Member

If you guys need any help with the writing, hit me up!
    E-mail: jean.paul@live.nl

7. JumpCheck Community Mgt

All replies sent out :)

Working on laying out road networks with the Talos Spline package this week!

8. JumpCheck Community Mgt

The JumpCheck Studios website is live :)

You can see it and the active team members here: https://JumpCheckStudios.com/

Please note, the Grid Down website won't be live until closer to our Kickstarter. But I'll be sure to post it here as soon as it's up!

Still looking for more individuals. Let us know if you're interested in helping out!

9. JumpCheck Community Mgt

We got a new 2D / 3D Artist in this week.

Still looking for more individuals! Especially UI / UX coders and 3D vehicle modelers!

10. JumpCheck Community Mgt

All posts / messages replied to!

Making quite a bit of progress on our Kickstarter town this week. Starting to really flesh out that part of the world. A lot more work to do though [​IMG]

Still looking for help, especially UI / UX and 3D vehicle modeling!

11. Volluskrassos

Volluskrassos New Member

you are chaotic, have no experience in game development. all people who would join are are wasting their time. please stop this fishing for noobs here.

12. JumpCheck Community Mgt

To be quite frank, you have no idea how much progress we've made. And this is multiple times in multiple different forums where you've come by specifically just to troll our team. You don't see us troll posting in your "request for help" thread? Please try to stay out of ours. Our dream is just as valid as your dream. Good luck with your game, let us worry about ours :)

13. JumpCheck Community Mgt

Are there any good UI / UX designers out there that could help us out? You guys seem to be as rare as unicorns!

Looking for more help in other areas as well!

14. Volluskrassos

Volluskrassos New Member

What are you talking about? If you like to proof me wrong, then show that you have organised workflow, progress and results.
    You have nothing of these: webiste is a joke, kickstarter is not existent. You show no team or organisation and have no proof of any progress since you started this project long time ago.

You have no experience and did not show anything to proof otherwise.
    So don't talk about trolling, but show facts! You have none, that's what i am saying. And I not only am pissed by youre flooding all kind of forums online but also have to warn people putting their time and effort in youre project which is a sure failure.

If you would have proof of progress, then you could show it. You have none, thats all.

If you don't agree with my claims, then show proof. otherwise you're just pretending and misleading people.

#34 Volluskrassos, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  15. JumpCheck Community Mgt

Sorry, we're not going to post the stuff you're asking about in a public forum. The game industry is infamous for people ripping off other people's intellectual property. We're not willing to give away our ideas without a NDA signed first. Once we get close to Kickstarter, we will be populating the website with art, videos, wiki info, etc.

"You show no team or organization" What's this then? https://jumpcheckstudios.com/about/

We have a team of experienced people, they're in our Slack talking every day. We use Phabricator as our task management software. We have a fully fleshed out game design document that is supported with tasks in Phab. We have a Roadmap to Kickstarter laid out with timelines and goals. Our character systems are coming online (which is why we're making a special push for UI individuals right now). Our map is down, and our level designers are working on populating the main town we'll be showing off at Kickstarter. Our writers are working on the game writing. We've got concept artists working on 2D art for the game, the website, and advertising.

If you'd like to stop by and are willing to sign a NDA, I can show you what we're doing. If not, then go work on your own game and quit trolling our thread. You have no proof for your claims either, as you've never seen what we have done.

16. JumpCheck Community Mgt

Working on fleshing out the residential neighborhoods this week. Pool party anyone? lol

Still working on getting a UI individual on board!

17. balthatrix

balthatrix New Member

I would consider not re-iterating that you need more people. Instead, comment updates on how you've improved your product, as it actually adds more content. It will likely show that you are putting in the work too, and not just looking for other people to do it for you :)

18. Xeno Neza

Xeno Neza New Member

Do you need any games designers?

19. JumpCheck Community Mgt

Normally we would post videos and screenshots and a game design document info in a topic like this. Unfortunately most of the Survival Gaming industry titles are almost copies of previous games with few changes. Let me give some examples:

Arma 2 DayZ Mod = Really groundbreaking, nothing like it before.
    WarZ = DayZ Mod minus base building, plus better zombies.
    Rust = WarZ plus better base building, minus zombies.
    Ark = Rust with similar base building, plus dinosaurs.

All of these games played pretty similarly. Spawn in, build your base, go KOS everyone, rinse and repeat forever until bored.

I could've added more examples like Miscreated and Conan Exiles as well, but you get the point. The developers of these games are constantly on the prowl for new ideas, and we'd rather not have them use our ideas for free.

We're looking to create something different. Something that feels different, plays radically different, and can keep players engaged for a longer time period. With that innovation comes risk, risk that others will see the idea and race to complete a game or mod with your ideas before you can get yours out.

We're not trying to be evasive, or get someone to build the game for us (this project has been live for over 11 months now and a ton of work has already been completed), we just want to make sure our intellectual property is protected and we have a chance to bring our idea to market "first". When people show up for the initial interview, once they've signed the NDA, we have a full game briefing which is similar to a Game Design Document but in Powerpoint form. From that people can judge for themselves if they like our idea or not :)

p.s. Replied to you Xeno :)

20. Xeno Neza

Xeno Neza New Member

cheers :D i replied back and you know what you're right better way to do it. But, there are ways around it like not giving out key features but tbh i can see your point :)