The Grid Down team could use YOUR help! [Unpaid]

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by JumpCheck Community Mgt, Feb 7, 2017.

1. JumpCheck Community Mgt

[​IMG]

The Grid Down team could use YOUR help! [Unpaid]

Open Positions:

CSS Website Developer <--------------------Could definitely use some help here!

UI / UX Designers

Unreal Blueprint Creators

3D Animators <------------------ Could definitely use some help here!

3D Character Modelers

3D Asset Designers

Concept Artists

Writers

Voice Actors

Please Note: Filled all the positions for the following: Audio / Composition, Environment Artist

------------------------------------------------------

Project Title:

Grid Down

Description:

A post solar flare apocalyptic open world survival game. We're taking ideas from survival games we loved, making some pretty significant changes, to produce an entirely new game that will take the genre in a new direction!

Engine / Software Used:

Unreal Engine (Main Game Engine), Blender, Maya, 3DS Max, World Builder, Adobe Photoshop, and more. If you use other programs, we’re open to that too!

Studio Name:

Jump Check Studios LLC

Websites:

www.GridDownGame.com

www.JumpCheckStudios.com

E-mail: Info@JumpCheckStudios.com

Please email to get the link to our Google Hangout or Skype. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Sincerely,

Matt Warner

Community Manager / Marketing Director

JumpCheck Studios LLC

www.JumpCheckStudios.com

Please note: If this post is in the wrong section, is not allowed, or posting it 1 time per week is too much, please message me directly. I want to make sure we respect your community and your rules. It’s because of your community that we get fantastic games and entertainment!

#1 JumpCheck Community Mgt, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017 at 12:52 AM
  2. NeonStreak

NeonStreak New Member

If you're looking for a male voice actor, I have the equipment and skills to do so. Please PM me with more details if you are interested to see if I am a good fit.

3. JumpCheck Community Mgt

Most definitely! PM sent.

4. bofwant

bofwant New Member

Hey, when you say unreal blueprint creator you mean c++ coder? Or making things work with blueprints? I may be able to help.I only have a couple of months of experience with unreal blueprints but i have done some stuff with it.

5. JumpCheck Community Mgt

Yeah, we could definitely use some Unreal Blueprint help. PM sent.

6. JumpCheck Community Mgt

Still looking for more talent!

If you're interested in being part of a ground breaking game like Grid Down, hit me up!

7. Chump

Chump New Member

How are you ground breaking? I haven't seen any screenshots, concept art, 3D models, anything at all. Provide more information and then we'll see.

8. JumpCheck Community Mgt

Thanks for your message!

We have discussed doing a demo video, which would be feasible now as the main map went up on the SVN about a week ago, and we're adding in the character systems (animations, gun systems, vehicle systems, UI, etc) sometime soon. Once that's all integrated we plan on doing a short 1-2 minute demo video for use here.

Part of working on the game the last 10 months has been a complete 360 review of the entire survival industry. What works, what doesn't, and why. We've come up with some really unique mechanics that will take the survival genre in a completely different direction. Something new and unique and fresh that you've never seen before. This game will not be Ark 2.0, Rust 2.0, or any other title you could compare it to. But to protect that intellectual property, we require people to sign a non-disclosure agreement up front.

Do people want to know more than what I've posted above. 100% yes. Have people balked at signing a NDA? Of course. And I totally understand that. But our commitment to protecting our intellectual property is pretty much ironclad.

We're just looking for people who are willing to take a leap of faith and make a great game in the end.

Quite a few people have made that leap, and we're looking for more who are interested :)

9. Chump

Chump New Member

10. JumpCheck Community Mgt

Thanks for your message!

I totally understand your desire to want to know more. But our team has chosen to keep that info private until we get a NDA signed, and we accept any drawbacks or benefits that provides.

If you'd like to hear more about the game, hit me up via PM.

If not, I wish you the best of luck on your future projects!

11. JumpCheck Community Mgt

Looking for more help! If you're interested in hearing more about the game, hit me up via PM :)

12. ComposerLA

ComposerLA New Member

Do you need any help with music? composer producer here.
    NickMphoto.com/Music
    Soundcloud.com/NicholasMakhonuk

13. JumpCheck Community Mgt

Thanks for your reply! We're all set on audio / composition for now.

We wish you the best of luck on your future projects!

14. JumpCheck Community Mgt

Got 2 new Unreal Blueprint guys last week, but it's a little slow this week.

Still looking for interested people :)

15. trevynstegall

trevynstegall New Member

16. JumpCheck Community Mgt

Messaged all the individuals who posted or PM'd!

The team updated the project to UE 4.15 this week! Working on creating the main menu level.

Still looking for more people :)

17. JumpCheck Community Mgt

Got a new blueprint guy and voice actor this week.

Still looking for more people :)

18. Volluskrassos

Volluskrassos New Member

You are posting you're threads for people to work for you for several month's now weekly on all the relevant sites. Please stop that spam and reconsider why you dont get good people working for you instead.

Dorrell Ettienne likes this.
  19. JumpCheck Community Mgt

Thanks for your message!

We are getting good people, but it's a very large / ambitious project. We need as much help as we can get.

If you look at the original post, we are making progress. Some of the positions are completely filled:
    Please Note: Filled all the positions for the following: Audio / Composition, Environment Artist

20. JumpCheck Community Mgt

If any 3D Modelers are interested in modeling some vehicles for us, we could really use some help there!

We have the vehicle physics package in the game, but the vehicles are all too new / not the right type for our overall game theme.

Looking for more interested individuals in other areas as well :)