The Ghost of Walter Mitty [Need Feedback for Flash Game]

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by cdosrun01, Aug 5, 2015.

1. cdosrun01

cdosrun01 New Member

2. stan

Original Member Indie Author

I suggest you don’t waste your time with Flash. Flash is being replaced with html5, is always full of security holes, closed-source and controlled by a single entity so you can’t rely on it, not updated anymore on Linux since a couple years ago, doesn’t work on smartphones (I think?), and very ressource-hungry and slow.

Probably not the feedback you were looking for, but that’s what I had to say ;-).

At the very least have a look at OpenFL.

3. cdosrun01

cdosrun01 New Member

Yeah, I've been hearing that for a while. So, I'm moving to Unity soon; I already know C++ so C# shouldn't be too difficult. What do you think of C# as a platform for game development?

4. stan

Original Member Indie Author

I have never used C#, but most people are happy with Unity as far as I know…