The Game Makers: Hideo Kojima, Neil Druckmann & More Teach Storytelling

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by ohcatrina, Mar 3, 2017.

1. ohcatrina

ohcatrina New Member

Hey everybody! Excited to be on the forums, though I hope you don't mind my first post being a little promo-y. I'm helping out with "The Game Makers", an informative, short digital series that delves deep into the various aspects of the storytelling process in video games today. From writing process, narrative design to directing live performance capture, the series explores game development through the eyes of Hideo Kojima, Neil Druckmann, Sean Vanaman and many others.

The entire 10-part series is available to view online right now on YouTube, and each episode runs for about 10 to 12 minutes. You can watch it in order by checking out this convenient playlist, or pick and choose from the list below!

Episode 1 - Story Development

Episode 2 - Writing Process

Episode 3 - Character & Emotion

Episode 4 - Narrative Design

Episode 5 - Structure

Episode 6 - Directing & Performance

Episode 7 - Environmental Story

Episode 8 - Virtual & Augmented Reality

Episode 9 - Social Themes

Episode 10 - On the Future of Interactive Story

[​IMG]

It's a pretty quick watch, so I hope you guys like it.