The Fall of Gods

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by GeexGames, Aug 8, 2011.

1. GeexGames

GeexGames New Member

[​IMG]

Hello there
    As promised in my introduction, here's my first production. Former fan of action-rpg, I though I tried to make my own.
    So I started to develop my onw XNA-c# suite, that I called Geex, and there we go
    the game is released on PC and is about to be released on xbox (currently of peer review stage)

Download
    TFOG.exe
    XNA4.0 and .net4.0 are required but install is automatic

Description
    The Fall of Gods is a classic Action-RPG. Around 10 hours long, it mixes adventure, combat, humor, side-quests, magic and riddles in a vast world called Ergia. Collect weapons, items, skills, accessories. Talk with dozens of Characters. Fight your enemies. Cast spells. Resolve hundreds of Riddles. Discover the plot between the Darkness and Gods and...of course...Save the World!

Feature
    Dozens of equipment, armors, weapons, spell
    A vast universe made of more than 150maps, 3 villages, one castle, 4 dungeons, loads of side-quests, mini-games, tons of riddles
    4 bosses to defeat in chapter one
    800*600 arpg battle system
    Ring Menu
    Pixel Shaders
    Night and Day management

Classification
    Sex 0, Violence 0, mature Content 0

Trailer
    YouTube - Trailer - The Fall of Gods Chapter 1

Configuration
    Xbox 360
    Or
    Windows OS with 512 Mo, 2.66Mgz, directX9.0c minimum, 100mo of free disk memory space
    (requires XNA4.0 and .net4 but install is automatic)

Web site (referrals, screenshots, news, contact, background...)
    Geex Games - The Fall of Gods

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Indinera

Moderator Indie Author

The game is very pretty and has an interesting gameplay.
    Good luck with it!

3. Jack Norton

Indie Author

I recommend having a REAL website and not something "made with WiX" :D also $9.99 seems quite cheap compared to the amount you have, so unless you like making less money I'd raise the price.

4. GeexGames

GeexGames New Member

Thanks, Wix is quick, very easy to use and free, but it's true as soon as I've got some time, I'll make my own
    Talking about the price, I don't know, here's my rational behind:
    - most rpg games are around 6.99 and more
    - and also the price for xbox is 3euros, so I guess I didn't want to have a too big gap.
    - also it's only first chapter (out of 2), so I didn't want to make the 2games package something big...
    - finally the game aims at showing teh geex engine capability

I hope it makes sense, otherwise it's too late, I had somes sales coming in already :)

5. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Well haven't played it so can't comment on length - maybe is shorter, but your statement "most rpg games are around 6.99" ? maybe you meant "most RPGMaker games...", but even in RPGMaker market there are plenty of games around $20 or more (check aldorlea for example).

6. Digital Entanglement

For Xbox indie games, the average price point goes from $1 to $10.

Beyond that and you're starting to compete with "Ms. Splosion Man" ($10) style games. And budget wise, you just can't compete with that unless you have something very unique.

Games tend to go on the cheap in the Xbox indie platform, but the exposure is decent if it's popular.

Speaking as a gamer (taking my reviewer hat off), I wouldn't spend more than $5 on an Xbox indie game unless it had *significant* press and hot reviews on large sites. Now if you graduate from the Indie Games section to the arcade, you're talking about a higher price point. I would (still as a gamer), be willing to drop $10 on almost any game in there, up to about $25 if it had great reviews and good press.

I personally feel that RPGMaker style games attract a younger crowd which has less money. But someone who has actually released an RPGMaker game and has some statistics could speak volumes more on the demographics of that subject that I.

7. Indinera

Moderator Indie Author

It's actually quite varied but if anything it attracts more the older players - and more females than males. It can help if said older players had the super nes and genesis and enjoyed the 16-bits rpgs too.