The end of Torque?

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by Jack Norton, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Richard Nunes

Richard Nunes New Member

I think these sorts of products aren't infinitely scaleable. TGB did have too few people working on it but it may not have been big enough to support more. That said, you keep a small team and clean up the engine. You don't steamroll ahead with new versions leaving bugs unfixed, never fixing compatibility issues.

The TGB community is entirely in the Garage forums. I'd like to see an independant site that can put together sample code, documentation and tutorials in preparation for the day TGB is cancelled and the forums closed.

2. hippocoder

Indie Author

Was treated badly by torque staff when I asked for help with learning. Terrible customer experience from my end. Wasn't even an attempt to be polite. Mel on the other hand, the create of torque 2D was a star.

3. TJS

TJS
    Original Member

I spent a few months trying to get to grips with Torque 2D/TGB a while back. I found the scripting language very confusing to use, the documentation was poor and the editors didn't make any sense whatsoever. Also just running a test with around 20 sprites onscreen ran incredibly slowly on the two machines I tested it on.

I found it a lot easier to code what I needed from scratch in C++ using SDL instead.

4. kraz007

kraz007 New Member

Always sad for the employees, but I spent less than an hour on InstantAction. I just didn't find it engaging as a gamer.