The big everything Photoshop thread

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by svero, May 7, 2007.

1. Sysiphus

Original Member

pyabo, several ways to do that but...one possible... :

-at preferences, tell grid to be cells of 1 division only, and 32x32.

-In marquee selection options, choose, fixed, there at the top toolbar, and put the fixed size of 32x32.

-do an action which actually blurs with the exact values you need, and whatever the extra things you want to do in each tile.

-Set snap on, and choose "grid", and "document bounds", so it snaps to grid and the canvas limits.

-Do this for other type of "combos" you need, doing different actions (the action you do it with a copy of your sprite sheet, acting over a random sprite so it saves what needs to be done.) for each collection of thing you need (ie, you may need one action for grass, one for rocks...)

-asign a key short cut to each action, try em not to be the same that some important PS keyshortcut (I never found a prob anyway)

-now, with marqee(quad) selection choosen again, just you move it over your sprite sheet, you'll see it's even funny, as a fixed 32x32 goes snapping automatically to each tile, even if moving without any care. just go hiting your shortcut (I recommend at least use one extra key, like ctrl+F2, etc... ) , depending on the tile...Faster if do all of a type first, tho depends on your fingers, hehe.

Once you have it, is really fast.Specially good if have several sprite sheets and will keep needing it for the future...

anyway, i do all this mentioned in seconds...

2. Sysiphus

Original Member

--sorry , hadnt seen the latest answer...thought it was a signature, lol...

Dunno which method wouldbe best, though...

3. Pyabo

Original Member

Groovy. Thanks for the tips... I'll give it a whirl and see what happens.

4. soniCron

Indie Author

This is a great Photoshop tutorial site:

http://www.photoshopsupport.com/tutorials.html

It's very commercial, but it doesn't fall into the same traps most Photoshop tutorial sites do in that they don't have stupid things like "How to Make a Drop Shadow" or "How to Make Chrome".

5. Anthony Flack

Indie Author

Oh, if CS3 has better animation support, then that (plus the universal binary for my Intel Mac) might be enough to convince me to upgrade. I'd have to pay for a full copy though, since my current version is only Photoshop 6.

6. Sysiphus

Original Member

Quite better, and video in general. Though cs2 is already a jump in that from the previous ones...

But way way more. I am talking about the Extended (if that was the new marketting name ;) ) , as they have now like two versions...this extended thing seems to be having support of 3D, in the form of some texturing meshes, etc, that, at least in the corporate design(among a million other things) I usually do at job, may come really more handy than my usual wings+Blender+PS way (heh, they havent max here... : ((((( )

I'd **love** to have the money to buy it (anyone needs an animated character? lol..) , but I guess I'd have to wait my boss buying this new version...i put myself in his place...probably wouldnt do as I(sadly demostrated...too late ;) ) can do all stuff with the one already there...

But yep, I am *eager* to have my hands over a trial (I think this time there are no trials) ... Other thing tho, is seing how much resources does it eat...as been increasing a lot with each version...Adobe PS 7 is considerably light and rock solid stable (PS 5 literally flies, allways did) , but cs1 is way heavier , and cs2 much much more...imho...I like more the way older PSs behave before in that matter...but no way back, is too much power what you have with cs1 or + ...

In general, seems a big release....
    We will see, though ( I hope ;) )