Thanks for Everything, Indiegamer Staff!

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by soniCron, Nov 26, 2006.

1. soniCron

Indie Author

I'd just like to take a moment to thank everyone that administers and moderates Indiegamer, keeping it the leader in indie game development discussion on the Web!

My hat's off to you, fellas! Thank you for such an invaluable resource and all the hard work! :)

2. Christian

Original Member

You are doing a very nice job

Hey, yes!, nice initiative sonicron!.

Thanks a lot!, i dont think i ever thanked you but, without you i would not have learned all the things i learned about beign indie, i would not be inspired by the other members of the boards, and i wouldnt know that a lot of people actually live beign indie (actually, the things i have gained by the boards are innumerable), so, you all deserver our "Thank you!!!".

3. Drake

Indie Author

My thumb is also up

Yes, as web forum moderation ranks high among the thankless tasks of our 21st century e-culture - thank you very much, IndieGamer staff. This is literally the only discussion site on the web that I have ever found to be tolerable for any duration of time.

With this level of diligence and persistence, I think together we'll be able to define the true meaning of indie within the next ten years. ;)

4. TimS

Original Member

I'll drink to that, SoniCron.

This... this is a good board. Good peops. I don't even want to know what happens every day prior to the army of moderators pruning the beast with chainsaws and flamethrowers. I imagine it to be thorny and tangly.

You guys deserve your... salaries... and respect... and things.

-T

5. PoV

PoV
    Indie Author

Oh yeah. I guess with all this talk of GameTunnel 4, GP NET 1, we've missed the obvious. Nice catch.

6. Sharpfish

Original Member

Thanks from me also, one of the best examples of a "good forum" on the internet.

7. Promaginy

Original Member

Yes, thanks so much!

The amount of information I get from these forums is astounding. Its a great community but it is possible thanks to the generosity of the admins & hosting companies.

Thank you!:D

8. Tr00jg

Original Member

Yep, kudos to the Indiegamer staff!

It is leading me into the world of indie and I sure hope it will still lead me in the future!

9. Musenik

Original Member

passionate chaos
    moderated, unguided
    evergreen in snow

10. soniCron

Indie Author

11. Mike Boeh

Administrator Original Member

Thanks guys! We've had our share of problems to deal with, but for the most part, it has been a great time since taking over for Dexterity.

12. jefferytitan

Original Member

Yeah, thanks guys!

So.... when do I get my free whatever-sonicron-is-getting? ;)

13. Dan MacDonald

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Lemme know when you find out, I want one too!

14. soniCron

Indie Author

It's not about what I can get. It's about what I can give, and this is the least I could do. :)

15. jefferytitan

Original Member

Ask not what your country can do for you... ask what your local city council can do for you instead, because they're generally more responsive than the central government. ;)

16. Musenik

Original Member

Another take on the tee:

i club with I.G.

Actually, I like SoniCron's better, but it was fun to make.

17. DFG

DFG
    Original Member

Another kudos to Mike and all the mods for putting together a great board! Cheers!

18. Game Producer

Moderator Original Member

Really soon he opens a CafePress.com store and starts selling those T-shirts. This was just sneaky tactics to get people in right mood to buy ;)

Eh... big thanks for IndieGamer members & mods from my part as well.

19. soniCron

Indie Author

You know, not everyone tries to fit a promotion into every sentence! *nudge* *nudge* ;)

In all seriousness, if the IG admins chose to ever sell merchandise to support their cause, they're more than welcome to use that design. (Provided they put my Web address across the back in 135 point font.)

20. C.S.Brewer

Original Member

I'll drink to that too, even though I'm not here that often really glad that a place like this exists