Testing of our new game: Mayan Squares The Secret Scrolls

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by e-funsoft, Aug 17, 2004.

1. e-funsoft

e-funsoft Guest

Hello :) ,

We've just finished a new unique puzzle game titled Mayan Squares: The
    Secret Scrolls, with unique and touching story line about a failed
    person named Howard. This game is not only fun and challenging, but
    also inspirational for everyone!

Please visit:
    http://www.e-funsoft.com/mayan_squares/

If you are interested, you can participate in our game development
    process by testing this game before its official release at the end of
    August 2004. We offer free full version copies of our games for
    testers.

Many many thanks for contributors!

Regards,
    Agung Wijaya
    e-FunSoft Games
    http://www.e-funsoft.com

2. Reactor

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Looks like a quality game from the screenshots, but I don't have time to sign up for the beta right now. I look forward to hearing what others have to say (if they are allowed to say anything on here :)

This seemed a bit lame though-

Game Features:

Interesting graphics and cartoon character named Howard.

Why say that? I have a ton of screenshots in from of me- I can already decide if the screenshots are 'interesting' (not the best word to describe your graphics anyway) or not. When you say a feature is having a character named Howard, it makes it sound like you have features for the sake of having features, and not so the customer can see what good thing they're going to get out of it.

Anyway, just a few thoughts.

3. robleong

Indie Author

I'm still wondering how the game is actually played, but I love your cute cartoon screens! Can't wait to see the finished product. :)

4. e-funsoft

e-funsoft Guest

Hi guys! :)

Thanks for your comments.

Reactor: Ok, I will change the word 'interesting' with another better word to describe the graphics of the game. I will also revise the description about Howard ;)

Robleong: Thanks for your nice comment! ;)

By the way, although I'm asking for your help to become a beta tester, it doesn't mean that the procedure is complicated. You can just play the game as a normal player, then after that, you can fill our simple feedback form if you want. Because this time, I still need suggestions from other software developers (and users), so that we can release the game with confidence at the end of August 2004.

Thanks anyway!

Regards,
    Agung Wijaya
    www.e-funsoft.com

5. Reactor

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

In that case, I'll make sure I find the time today to check out the demo :)

6. whisperstorm

Original Member

For some reason when I play this game I think of two things. The voice of Mario from Mario Bros. saying "get ready" and Sesame Street. This game reminds me of those edutainment games targeted for 2nd and 3rd graders. Now I hope you dont take either one of these comments negatively. It's obvious that you've put a ton of work into this game - it's just that there doesnt seem to be much of a sense of urgency. I think you are very close,but you need to spend some more time on the polish, and I would really reconsider the choice of music - you might consider something that's more aligned with the incan/indiana jones kinda theme you have going.

Also, it seems like basically this is a Tetris clone with some strategy thrown in -- you might think about making the jigsaw puzzle pieces more interesting to look at - since they are the centerpiece of the game.

7. e-funsoft

e-funsoft Guest

Hi whisperstorm, thanks for your nice suggestion. You just made me realize that the puzzle pieces are not interesting enough to look at. You're absolutely correct, they are the centerpiece of the game, so I will really consider to improve the graphics of the puzzle pieces to make them better.. ;)