Target Specs

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by 2dnoob, Aug 5, 2006.

1. 2dnoob

Original Member

On my main setup, my game runs very fast. On this hardware however,

400mhz Celeron 256mb
    GeForce2 MX 64mb

The game runs much slower, in the 20-30fps range. The game uses time based movement so it isn't that bad, but I was just wondering if I should worry about these low end machines, any links to data about the setup/configuration of today's "casual gamer that buys software"? Thank you.

2. MacMan45

MacMan45 New Member

30 fps seems pretty damn acceptable for a casual game to me.

Is it overly noticeable that it is running "slow"?
    Does it affect gameplay at all being at lower framerates?
    What kind of game is it?

3. Anthony Flack

Indie Author

I agree, 20-30 FPS sounds fine, and still perfectly playable I would expect. I hope it's the processor that's the bottleneck though, because I have a GeForce2 MX 64Mb in this machine, and they are still pretty decent performers; you'd have to either be pushing the graphics quite hard (or doing something wrong) for the card to be the problem.