Superhero Game Idea!!!

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by BoxingPromoter, Jun 1, 2017.

1. BoxingPromoter

BoxingPromoter New Member

Hey

I'm working on a few game design documents at the moment but one I'm most intrigued by is a Superhero Manager game (mobile app)...

For a bit of background I recently designed my first game (The Boxing Promoter) which is in beta testing...

Using a lot of the formats from The Boxing Promoter I will look to produce a management game for Superhero/Comic Book fans... The idea is you would play the role of a Nick Fury, assembling a squad of the best Hero's the galaxy has to offer, training them and levelling them up then sending them into individual or team battles against henchmen and then super villains, improving your facilities (HQ), progressing to face more evil...

The game will be mainly focused around growth and management rather than combat (This is not going to be like contest of champions) it will be a lot easier to play and have more "management" focused decisions... As well as trying to save the world... The combat will be simulated in front of you with minimal input from yourself, I would love everything to feel comic book styled with POW, BANG, CRASH etc during combat....

Although there is a lot more to the game I believe I have covered the key points.

Just wanted some feedback, does it sound any good?
    Would you play it?
    Would you pay for it?
    What difficulties do you envision?

Would really appreciate anything your able to offer.

Thanks
    Jack

2. TheTodd

TheTodd New Member

If done right, this could totally work and would be very unique. I think it's best to test it out before deciding price, because how it develops will affect that more than anything.

The difficulties is obviously giving players a lot of options of heroes, giving them reasons to play over and over again, and continuing to roll out content for it.

BoxingPromoter likes this.
  3. BoxingPromoter

Thanks a lot! I'm just trying to put some of the ideas down on paper at the moment... Right now I'm thinking the art work is going to be really expensive as it's important to have a large array of heroes and villains to play with/against...

Really appreciate your advice my friend!
    Thanks
    Jack

4. BoxingPromoter

Thanks mate... I'll keep that in mind, would you say it needs to be a complex combat system or just a basic one?